No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
    after floyd beat mosley i saw *****s saying pac was ducking mosley even though floyd whupped him

after it they said mosley was shot

interesting logic- in 6 years only floyd cotto and manny have beaten shane
    Yes Pacquiao had DUCKED Mosley, but that was before the Mayweather fight....but AFTER THE MORA FIGHT.....no one wanted to see Pac vs Mosley anymore.

Everyone knew that Mosley could no longer hang with Pacquiao, Pac should have fought Mosley back in 2010 before the Mayweather fight, or ATLEST before the Mora fight.
    Last edited by BoxingFollower; 08-10-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

What's the point of this link now?

That same source has Floyd as the current lineal WW champ now.

Are you mentally ******ed? Seriously, are you?
      Now it's you that have missed something.

WELTERWEIGHT
      Current Lineal Champion: None; title vacated 06/06/2008

Last Lineal Champion: Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Easily done eh.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Shane put in an official offer to fight Mayweather after Marg, Mayweather turned it down.

Roach offer Mosley the same deal as Cotto, Mosley turned it down.

That was the only time Pacquiao could have fought Mosley, Cotto was young strong fighter, so Pacquiao when for him.

I don't remember anyone complaining that Pacquiao chose to fight Cotto over Mosley, and Mosley turned down the chace to fight Pacquiao.
        no, roach wanted shane to fight at 142 if i remember it correctly.

cotto, the young strong fighter who came from a massacre against margarito and looked like **** against clottey?

I was complaining. I felt Mosley was a much bigger threat in theory and i guess roach agreed with me.

Comment

Shane put in an official offer to fight Mayweather after Marg, Mayweather turned it down.

Roach offer Mosley the same deal as Cotto, Mosley turned it down.

That was the only time Pacquiao could have fought Mosley, Cotto was young strong fighter, so Pacquiao when for him.

I don't remember anyone complaining that Pacquiao chose to fight Cotto over Mosley, and Mosley turned down the chace to fight Pacquiao.
          Bullshit, don't you come in here and spread fucking lies. Like if we all just new to the sport like you.

Like really you think you can say just whatever and mofo's are not going to know better?

Mosley begged for a fight with Pac.

What did happen was that Mosley said if you fought Oscar at 147, why can't you fight me at 147? Which Roach responded with you're not Oscar, you're too good.

There was nothing, wrong with them choosing Cotto. And, Pac deserves much credit for not only the win but they way he won.

However, lets not ignore that Mosley begged for the fight, even said that he would fight Pac at a catch-weight of 142....142....

And, then when negotiations between Cotto and Pac stalled a little bit. Mosley cameback saying he would put his belt on the line at a catch-weight of 142 or even fight Pac at 140 for his belt since he didn't win a JWW belt because he skipped that division. That's how much Mosley wanted the fight.

There was no offer to Shane that he turned down. So don't come in here and make up shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            no, roach wanted shane to fight at 142 if i remember it correctly.

cotto, the young strong fighter who came from a massacre against margarito and looked like **** against clottey?

I was complaining. I felt Mosley was a much bigger threat in theory and i guess roach agreed with me.
            That was before the Hatton fight, he said that to Mosley.

After Hatton, Roach said Pacquiao was willing to go up to welter but it would be a catchweight against Cotto or Mosley. He offered 143/144lbs and Cotto negotiated it up to 145lbs.

Mosley said no straight away, then when Cotto signed up, he said he was willing to fight at 140lbs.

We do know that Mosley put an offer in writting to fight Mayweather that year and Mayweather chose to fight Marquez instead.

Comment

Now it's you that have missed something.

WELTERWEIGHT
              Current Lineal Champion: None; title vacated 06/06/2008

Last Lineal Champion: Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Easily done eh.
              No it's still you that have missed something.

Look at the date of that article.

Look at the source of that article.

Is it clicking?

Not so easily done eh.

Comment

That was before the Hatton fight, he said that to Mosley.

After Hatton, Roach said Pacquiao was willing to go up to welter but it would be a catchweight against Cotto or Mosley. He offered 143/144lbs and Cotto negotiated it up to 145lbs.

Mosley said no straight away, then when Cotto signed up, he said he was willing to fight at 140lbs.

We do know that Mosley put an offer in writting to fight Mayweather that year and Mayweather chose to fight Marquez instead.
                It wasn't after Cotto signed up...

The fight was still in question, the negotiations had stalled. Stop trying to re-write history. Just STFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Bullshit, don't you come in here and spread fucking lies. Like if we all just new to the sport like you.

Like really you think you can say just whatever and mofo's are not going to know better?

Mosley begged for a fight with Pac.

What did happen was that Mosley said if you fought Oscar at 147, why can't you fight me at 147? Which Roach responded with you're not Oscar, you're too good.

There was nothing, wrong with them choosing Cotto. And, Pac deserves much credit for not only the win but they way he won.

However, lets not ignore that Mosley begged for the fight, even said that he would fight Pac at a catch-weight of 142....142....

And, then when negotiations between Cotto and Pac stalled a little bit. Mosley cameback saying he would put his belt on the line at a catch-weight of 142 or even fight Pac at 140 for his belt since he didn't win a JWW belt because he skipped that division. That's how much Mosley wanted the fight.

There was no offer to Shane that he turned down. So don't come in here and make up shit.
                  I don't even like jro, but I have to agree with him. This is actually what happen.
                  Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 08-10-2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Jro is right.

Jro normally sticks up for Pacquiao but he always tells it like it is. We are all saying (even other Pacquiao fans) that it was a money fight, simple as that.

But dude is trying to turn it into Mosley being the highest payday, highest ranked, biggest threat, and even that Mosley was ducking Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      I don't even like the guy, but I have to agree with him. This is actually what happen.
                      STFU, cuz' you and Reloaded are not much better than D4thincarnation.

How the fuck are you going to have me on ignore and still quote me.

GTFOH
                      Last edited by jrosales13; 08-10-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X