Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael reported that Broner-Provodnikov is in negotiations. Who wins it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please let it be true!

Comment

broner chin is cracked, reason why he was gun shy against porter... hes going to be even more gun shy this time around.

Comment

This is a pretty interesting fight. Hope it happens.

Comment

So is there any truth to this? I can't find anything

Comment

Well to me it all depends what kind of Broner will show up. If he can muster up the old Broner(the one who fought demarco) then id have no problem choosing him. IMO he peaked in the Demarco fight and is now just content with showing up and and not caring if he wins or loses only as long as he gets his million dollar paycheck.

With that said Provo has been in lots of wars already and is not a fresh fighter anymore, so it will be close. If he can impose his will, apply pressure and land those bombs of his, it will make Broner gun shy and Provo can pull it out. But if broner can box and really let his fast hands go and use good clean counters I think he can pull it out. As of right now its a virtual toss up but I very very slightly lean toward Broner.

Comment

Assuming Provodnikov isn't significantly depleted, I'd pick him by decision. On paper he has an awful style for Broner these days. He takes a great punch. He's a good puncher. He's very active and puts on a lot of pressure. I can't imagine he could stop Broner unless it was by one shot, but I see a tough start for Provo with Broner eventually going into his offensive shell and losing 8-4/9-3.

Comment

Provo might not be super skilled but he's a come forward punch throwing machine. Broner gonna have to keep him off Matthysse style or seriously risk getting KO'd. The bombs that rocked Bradley could full well sleep Broner if he lets him land the way Porter did.

If this happens I'll be ****ing stoked, I think it's an excellent fight for both right now.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-31-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Props to Broner. Guy is easy to dislike but he does take great challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Broner isn't a serious enough fighter to withstand the onslaught from Provo for 12 rounds. If by some miracle he acts like a professional he can win.

I'll have to see it to believe it. Provo UD 12.
                    No, he can't. He has no clue how to deal with someone like Provodnikov. You saw it vs Maidana and Porter.

Comment

I favour Provodnikov by decision. Broner is simply too unreliable and I won't be picking him to win in these kind of matchups until proven otherwise.

One thing I will say is Broner can take a punch. I don't see Ruslan taking it one step further than Maidana by stopping him. He gets tired worse than Maidana and leaves himself wide open to be hit. Maidana also is very difficult to cut/swell, the complete opposite of Ruslan... I think those things will allow Broner to have success and make it competitive.

Great fight anyway I hope this happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X