No announcement yet.

I wanna start boxing im 16 year old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna start boxing im 16 year old

Hello, im 16 years old and wanna start boxing, im gonna be 17 in february. Is it to late? And i wanna play in some tournaments etc, but ive looked at the internet that some boxers die and such. I dont wanna enter proffesional matches or maybe if im good enough but not gonna pursue a career of it. Can i die from ameatuer tournaments,sparring etc? I have a very small head if that is a concern? I just wanna be a good boxer that can defend myself, and beat some opponents. Is there a high chance i can get brain damage and die? or is it a very small chance..? im 5,7 and i wanna be an inside boxer. I know some gyms and they have equal prizes for 6 months what is the best one and will have a good trainer and can train me the best becuse i always heard the good boxers always have good trainers.
    Last edited by blastyblasty; 12-02-2015, 01:06 PM.

Originally posted by blastyblasty View Post
    Hello, im 16 years old and wanna start boxing, im gonna be 17 in february. Is it to late? And i wanna play in some tournaments etc, but ive looked at the internet that some boxers die and such. I dont wanna enter proffesional matches or maybe if im good enough but not gonna pursue a career of it. Can i die from ameatuer tournaments,sparring etc? I have a very small head if that is a concern? I just wanna be a good boxer that can defend myself, and beat some opponents. Is there a high chance i can get brain damage and die? or is it a very small chance..?
    Its never too late. Find an amateur gym in your area and go have some fun.......

Comment

You're better off walking into the gym instead of asking people here.

Comment

Go to a gym in you area. Also, boxing is a dangerous sport. You can't constantly worry about what might happen. Anyway, just starting off as an amateur, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          You're better off walking into the gym instead of asking people here.
          Should i come when they have training time? becuse they dosen't show open times only the training time on their website

Comment

Originally posted by blastyblasty View Post
            Should i come when they have training time? becuse they dosen't show open times only the training time on their website
            Just go in and talk to one of the coaches. That's all there is to do.

Boxing is boxing, just go in. The more anxious you are walking in, just imagine how anxious you'll be when you first spar.

Don't second guess, just go in. There's nothing we can offer you here online.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              Just go in and talk to one of the coaches. That's all there is to do.

Boxing is boxing, just go in. The more anxious you are walking in, just imagine how anxious you'll be when you first spar.

Don't second guess, just go in. There's nothing we can offer you here online.
              This is exactly right. I'm not sure what you expect any of us to do.

Comment

You can go into a boxing gym and do all the training without actually sparring.

There is no rule that says you have to spar or compete.

If you train for awhile and start getting the itch to step into the ring, do it, if not, don't.

You'll figure it out easily enough once you're in there.

Comment

Ok, thank you i will just walk in and talk with the coaches. I just wanted to make sure what to do. And idk just talk to other people about this becuse i was very nervous.

Comment

Yeah just chill out. You have to remember that no one cares about you when you walk into that gym. I know I wouldn't and most of my clubs other fighters wouldn't think anything negative if you walked in just wanting to learn more about boxing.

You can't instantly know if this is something you want to do or not without trying it. Just don't be a pussy...

Comment

Working...
                    X