No announcement yet.

Margarito Handwrap Scandal : An Illustration of Shameful HBO Bias

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito Handwrap Scandal : An Illustration of Shameful HBO Bias

I can across this video earlier. It's one I'd never seen before and it was quite eye-opening to me in regards to HBO's shameful and blatantly biased coverage of the Antonio Margarito handwrap scandal.

It was taken just before the rematch with Miguel Cotto:

Max Kellerman is a complete doofus. Talking about the supposed "tear" in Margarito's handwraps after the Cotto fight which was unequivocally proven to be nothing more than black thread.

Jim Lampley is an utterly shameless Cotto dick-suck who has been close to tears every time Cotto has lost and even when he won. Who could ever forget him getting butthurt when Emmanuel Steward suggested that Clottey was winning against Cotto?

Speaking of Steward (RIP and everything), he comes across worst in this video. I remember Frank Maloney describing him as a "mercenary whore" and that is pretty accurate. The guy was a complete sycophant. Notice how he talks about how the manner of Margarito's win over Cotto is very plausible and legitimate but then he raises his voice to say "I believe he DID use loaded wraps" based on nothing and just to suck up the the pro-Puerto Rican crowd.

The kicker for me is right at the end where one guy was making salient points and asking legitimate questions regarding the first Margarito-Cotto fight. Lampley tries his best to shut him up. Then Steward acts like he's going to answer but completely changes the subject to the Mosley fight to try to rouse the crowd into drowning out the guy. He also ignores the fact that he trained Kermit Cintron to face Margarito twice and would have watched Margarito getting his hands wrapped himself.

Steward himself did an interview with Thomas Hauser where he said he could quite easily make an illegal pad and insert it into a fighter's wraps without them knowing. I guess he forgot about that as soon as he was given an HBO microphone.

HBO agenda in full flow.

Diggz you are a creep of the highest order. The only threads you should be making are in a sweatshop.

Comment

i started following boxing not too long ago,
      question: where's the actual proof of his illegal handwraps o.o??
      because i really cant believe a professional boxer would put their pride on the line like that... specially a "mexican warrior"?

Comment

LOL Margarito Beat Cotto fair and square, Margarito was too much of a beast for himself. Its a compliment that they think he was beating fools with loaded wraps lol.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
          question: where's the actual proof of his illegal handwraps o.o??
          There was a foreign substance found on his wraps. When it was tested in a lab the substance was found to contain the ingredients for plaster.

Comment

please forgive me for having no sympathy for this plaster using scumbag. The way he was destroying Cintron and then hoping around the ring begging Arum for a Cotto fight like he knew he was some monster when really he knew he was a cheater that had no remorse. Its the worst possible way to cheat. Disgusting and deliberate.

I dont care if you cant prove he cheated in the Cotto fight. Thats one of the biggest consequences you face when you do that. Again, this is the worst form of cheating. You could straight up destroy your opponent with every shot

Comment

I'm sure his wraps were fine. It's not like he was busting guys ears open or anything:

Comment

The most telling event that put the nail in the coffin of Margo's career was during the commission hearing where Margo was given an opportunity to come clean. Instead, he brought his own nail and hammer which sealed his fate in boxing forever.

He played Russian Roulette with his own career and pulled the trigger on a full chamber.

People can live in denial about his actions, but they won't ever erase the circumstances leading to his undoing.

Additionally, there has been no effort made to clear his name for good.

Comment

Let's bring Tony back. Cotto blinds his faggot ass. I'd pay PPV to watch it.

Why is it never brought up by these Margarito sympathizers why couldn't he answer Cotto's simple questions during the FaceOff? Instead of answering he questioned Cotto's resolve to change the subject. Yet this stuff is never brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                    The most telling event that put the nail in the coffin of Margo's career was during the commission hearing where Margo was given an opportunity to come clean. Instead, he brought his own nail and hammer which sealed his fate in boxing forever.

He played Russian Roulette with his own career and pulled the trigger on a full chamber.

People can live in denial about his actions, but they won't ever erase the circumstances leading to his undoing.

Additionally, there has been no effort made to clear his name for good.

Comment

Working...
                    X