Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Kevin Johnson be yet another victim of a early stoppage against Dereck Chisora?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chisora hit Scott when he was down as well.

That's illegal, isn't it? Like the rabbit punch in the Pala fight is illegal?

I see home officiating everywhere, not just in the UK. I believe it hurts the sport, and it's terribly unjust to the boxers who have worked so hard for their chance at glory.

Originally posted by valero View Post
    Also, why did the ref start counting at 4?
    Good question, I was wondering about that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
      Chisora hit Scott when he was down as well.

That's illegal, isn't it? Like the rabbit punch in the Pala fight is illegal?

I see home officiating everywhere, not just in the UK. I believe it hurts the sport, and it's terribly unjust to the boxers who have worked so hard for their chance at glory.

Good question, I was wondering about that too.
      I'm guessing he was continuing the count from the outside guy who counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
        He was completely up at 9. Watch the video in the OP, look at 2:28 (the commentator counts in English).
        The commentator isn't refereeing the fight

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Remember they gave Douglas a looong count in that fight.
          If the fight had been in London instead of Tokyo, Mike Tyson would've been undefeated when he faced Evander Holyfield.
          Last edited by SN!PER; 02-10-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Douglas was watching the count of the referee. Whether the count was slow or not is irrelevant, Douglas got up based on what he heard from the referee. I remember there was a video that showed the ref's count was consistent with when Tyson went down.

Comment

Working...
            X