Collapse
No announcement yet.

No love for Mares-Ponce De Leon fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No love for Mares-Ponce De Leon fight??

I have been seeing alot of threads and videos posted on almost all the fighters on the May Day card other than Abner Mares and Ponce De Leon fight. Is there something going on that theres no coverage on either fighter?? I think Mares is a good fighter but I think the move up to 126 to fight Ponce De Leon is going to be a mistake or there must be something Team Mares and Golden Boy Promotions know on why this fight is so easy for Mares.

The title fight would be for the WBC featherweight belt which I think Ponce currently holds. Out of all 3 fights on the card, I think this fight will deliver. Ponce has been on a 3 fight winning streak ever since losing to Gamboa and Broner which are the elite oppositions at 126 so I think he shouldnt struggle with Mares especially if you see the size difference on both fighters. If Mares wins and beats PDL does he go for a Rigodeaux or Donaire fight at 126 or does he go back down to unify all the belts at 122 vs Rigodeaux??

So who wins this all Mexican slugfest???

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
    I have been seeing alot of threads and videos posted on almost all the fighters on the May Day card other than Abner Mares and Ponce De Leon fight. Is there something going on that theres no coverage on either fighter?? I think Mares is a good fighter but I think the move up to 126 to fight Ponce De Leon is going to be a mistake or there must be something Team Mares and Golden Boy Promotions know on why this fight is so easy for Mares.

The title fight would be for the WBC featherweight belt which I think Ponce currently holds. Out of all 3 fights on the card, I think this fight will deliver. Ponce has been on a 3 fight winning streak ever since losing to Gamboa and Broner which are the elite oppositions at 126 so I think he shouldnt struggle with Mares especially if you see the size difference on both fighters. If Mares wins and beats PDL does he go for a Rigodeaux or Donaire fight at 126 or does he go back down to unify all the belts at 122 vs Rigodeaux??

So who wins this all Mexican slugfest???
    It's either going to be a war or a tactical fight. Both are great boxers, but choose not to be against weaker opposition. I think this might not be as exciting as you hoped, but it should be a good match. Mares takes it btw UD 12.

Comment

Pdl better wear a a cup underneath because mares loves pounding on the ballsack area

Comment

PDL should win this fight, he will hurt Mares...

Comment

I kinda forget about this fight myself but I will be watching!

Comment

theyre not making enough noise.

Comment

make some noise. hit some huge cymbals

Comment

I'm picking Mares to win based only on activity.i don't think he hurts PDL but will outwork him.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has been talking about it either. I guess too much other stuff going on. I got Mares by UD, but DeLeon could definitely take it.

Comment

I am really high on this fight I really believe this fight will steal the show both of these guys are exciting fighters so I do not see a reason why this fight would not be exciting.

Comment

Working...
                    X