Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P Who are the top 5 hardest punchers of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4P Who are the top 5 hardest punchers of all time?

Like alot of people say hitman hearns but he didnt seem to have anywhere near the same power as say julian jackson, nor anywhere near as impressive knockout highlight reel.

Hearns competition was much better than Jackson's

The Duran and Cuevas stoppages are both the definition of a highlight reel KO, and against great opposition.
    Last edited by Capaedia; 02-18-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Langford, Fitzsimmons, Ketchel, Walker, Saddler, Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        Like alot of people say hitman hearns but he didnt seem to have anywhere near the same power as say julian jackson, nor anywhere near as impressive knockout highlight reel.
        I'm pretty sure you're missing some important KO's of Hearns there mate. He has greater knock outs of greater fighters (greater KO's because they are against greater fighters) than Jackson and plenty of other brutal HL reel KO's.

Comment

Jackson
          Langford
          Wilde
          Hearns
          Liston

Comment

1) Jackson
            2) Shavers
            3) Foster
            4) Hearns
            5) Robinson

Comment

cant pick a top 5 but id say jackson is top but pound for pound hardest ever punch thrown either goes to shavers or hearns

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                Hearns competition was much better than Jackson's

The Duran and Cuevas stoppages are both the definition of a highlight reel KO, and against great opposition.
                Terry Norris>>>>Cuevas and Duran at 154

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Terry Norris>>>>Cuevas and Duran at 154
                  I disagree. Norris was just 22 and not an established contender when he got KO'd by Jackson. Cuevas had been a dominant welterweight champion for five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I disagree. Norris was just 22 and not an established contender when he got KO'd by Jackson. Cuevas had been a dominant welterweight champion for five years.
                    I agree. And though I think Norris later became a special fighter, his ability to take a punch was never like Duran's or Cuevas'.

Comment

Working...
                    X