No announcement yet.

To Floyd's Fans.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Floyd's Fans.

Would you still overwhelmingly support him if Ray Leonard was his contemporary?

Or Leonard becomes your "man?"

if mayweather and pac fought back then they would be good wins under leonards belt

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      if mayweather and pac fought back then they would be good wins under leonards belt
      They would be more than good they would at least be notable.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
        They would be more than good they would at least be notable.
        they would be good names on his resume but i dont think pac or may could beat leonard, hearns, or hagler. maybe they might beat duran but thats it. anyways if they fought back then they would only be good fighters not the level theyre on now.

Comment

they would be good names on his resume but i dont think pac or may could beat leonard, hearns, or hagler. maybe they might beat duran but thats it. anyways if they fought back then they would only be good fighters not the level theyre on now.
          They say that for every sport... 20 years from now other people will be talking about how the current boxers aren't on the same level as Floyd or Pacquiao... I was just talking the other day about how era of Magic, Jordan, thomas etc. is on another level then current but I think it is just perception. Those guys were bigger than life and youngans who grew up watching Pac or Floyd will bring that bigger than life perception to the next generation of enthusiasts.
          Last edited by Alibata; 04-03-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

I cant see Leonard having any problems with the guys on Floyd's resume. I think he beats 'em all worse than Floyd did. (specially Marquez and Hatton)

I cant say the same for Floyd doing the same about the scalps in Leonard's resume.

Comment

They say that for every sport... 20 years from now other people will be talking about how the current boxers aren't on the same level as Floyd or Pacquiao... I was just talking the other day about how era of Magic, Jordan, thomas etc. is on another level then current but I think it is just perception.
              nobody today has magic or jordans skills. Nobody!

Comment

nobody today has magic or jordans skills. Nobody!
                Then again perception.... You grew up watching them... Your kids will have different opinions when they talk to their kids about things they grew up with that were bigger than life.

Comment

They say that for every sport... 20 years from now other people will be talking about how the current boxers aren't on the same level as Floyd or Pacquiao... I was just talking the other day about how era of Magic, Jordan, thomas etc. is on another level then current but I think it is just perception. Those guys were bigger than life and youngans who grew up watching Pac or Floyd will bring that bigger than life perception to the next generation of enthusiasts.
                  I really think may or pac would only have a chance of beating duran and that would be the fight of their lives. do you think either of them could beat leanard or hearns?

Comment

I prefer Floyd over Leonard, find Floyd more entertaining, especially Floyd in the lower weights. At 147 Leonard should win though as 147 isn't Mayweather's best weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X