No announcement yet.

Is Gary Shaw that bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Gary Shaw that bad?

Everybody leaves this dude. I think all he may have left now is Chad Dawson. Is he that bad of a promoter that fighters seem like they can't wait to get away from this dude? He seems like a decent promoter to me, but has he burned too many bridges that other promoters don't want to work with him. It seems to me that if he had a fighter and another promoter wanted to get a fight with his fighter it was pretty easy. Anybody know anything I may be missing?

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Everybody leaves this dude. I think all he may have left now is Chad Dawson. Is he that bad of a promoter that fighters seem like they can't wait to get away from this dude? He seems like a decent promoter to me, but has he burned too many bridges that other promoters don't want to work with him. It seems to me that if he had a fighter and another promoter wanted to get a fight with his fighter it was pretty easy. Anybody know anything I may be missing?
    He does not invest in his fighters,no exposure..He lands his fighters fights by begging which is not the way to do business..Shaw had Angulo,a fun fighter to watch and had star written all over him,what did he do with him but match him up against bums and not even get him any spot light promotion..In boxing you have to spend money,even Dibella and Goosen spend money on getting their fighters names out there..Which is why Martinez and Ward usually do very well at their gates without being back by a major promotion company...But Shaw,not so much...What fighter of his can draw??Answer none..What fighter of his has a known name??Answer none...Shaw is a scumbag who will not spend any money on his fighters and tbh will stall a fighters career when they reach a certain point..I also believe that he roots for his fighters to lose so that they will have to stay with him..If ya watch him carefully he always puts his fighters in positions to lose..Quick example Dawson traveling to Canada to fight Pascal...

Comment

I kinda feel bad for Shaw...but if he does not invest in fights and fighters what is he investing in?

Comment

Don king, shaw and goosen are not good promoters!

Top rank, goldenboy is the place for fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
          Don king, shaw and goosen are not good promoters!

Top rank, goldenboy is the place for fighters
          I don't agree,Goosen King and Dibella are good promoters,not on TR or GBP level,but good enough..Which is a big reason why they keep their good fighters..

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
            I kinda feel bad for Shaw...but if he does not invest in fights and fighters what is he investing in?
            From the looks of him,Mickie D's

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              He does not invest in his fighters,no exposure..He lands his fighters fights by begging which is not the way to do business..Shaw had Angulo,a fun fighter to watch and had star written all over him,what did he do with him but match him up against bums and not even get him any spot light promotion..In boxing you have to spend money,even Dibella and Goosen spend money on getting their fighters names out there..Which is why Martinez and Ward usually do very well at their gates without being back by a major promotion company...But Shaw,not so much...What fighter of his can draw??Answer none..What fighter of his has a known name??Answer none...Shaw is a scumbag who will not spend any money on his fighters and tbh will stall a fighters career when they reach a certain point..I also believe that he roots for his fighters to lose so that they will have to stay with him..If ya watch him carefully he always puts his fighters in positions to lose..Quick example Dawson traveling to Canada to fight Pascal...
              I understand. It seems like he doesn't get his fighters enough exposure. He's done a decent job with some fighters though, look at Darchinyan. It seems to me he wants his fighters to come up the right way, not by fighting a boatload of bums and getting famous off of that. With the Dawson vs Pascal situation, let's be honest where the heck was dawson supposed to fight and get that much money? As much as I like Dawson he's not a draw at all, which really isn't Shaw's fault entirely. I for one like seeing the guy fight but he gets so comfortable in there at times it just looks like he's bored and doesn't step on the gas at all. I think Shaw really screwed up with Bradley, he could be promoting him right now for this Pac fight. It's kind of funny saying this but I don't think he knows how to market black fighters

Comment

If you're not with golden boy or top rank, you're on the outside looking in.

Comment

Fat shaw is garbage. All he does is beg for hbo dates. None of his fighters can sell out my backyard (xcept vic).

Look at chad dawson... Dude is a garbage attractiOn. He brings nothing but skills to the table, but if he was moved right, he could be an exciting fighter to watch (by fighting guys like cloud etc)

Who couldnt make money with vic d? Dude sells himself and fights anyone. Fat shaw is garbage and goosen needs to step his game up too.

Comment

I like Shaw but he just doesnt have the resources to make guys superstars

Comment

Working...
                    X