No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson or Virgil Hill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Just being honest. He's not a very good fighter.

Average at best. Lots of underwhelming performances, very few impressive ones.

Done nothing to suggest to me he's more than a solid-average fighter.
    He had little defense or ring generalship,, that was his downfall,,, he always got dragged into wars with the likes of paul briggs and cunningham

I think he would have beaten tarver and woods at 175

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      He had little defense or ring generalship,, that was his downfall,,, he always got dragged into wars with the likes of paul briggs and cunningham

I think he would have beaten tarver and woods at 175
      I'd probably pick him to lose both of those fights.

Comment

I'd probably pick him to lose both of those fights.
        Then we are clearly at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of adamek

beat prime cunningham, chased big money at heavy and beat arreola,,, only really lost to vitali and dawson

I highly doubt tarver and woods would have as much success thru 3 divisions as adamek,, and IMO adamek would beat the hell out of both at 175

Comment

Then we are clearly at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of adamek

beat prime cunningham, chased big money at heavy and beat arreola,,, only really lost to vitali and dawson

I highly doubt tarver and woods would have as much success thru 3 divisions as adamek,, and IMO adamek would beat the hell out of both at 175
          He looked terrible against Cunningham, dropped him like 3 times and still barely scraped it. Clearly lost the second fight.

Tarver would have as much success at LHW and CW. I don't consider what Adamek's done at HW as success really.

I can't really think of a single impressive win Adamek has.

Comment

He looked terrible against Cunningham, dropped him like 3 times and still barely scraped it. Clearly lost the second fight.

Tarver would have as much success at LHW and CW. I don't consider what Adamek's done at HW as success really.

I can't really think of a single impressive win Adamek has.
            Tarver sucks past 175,,, remember he had to be roided to compete at cruiser,, and has done nothing at either cruiser or heavy,,,

Adamek has beaten arreola, which isnt a great historic win, but clearly establishes him as a top 5 heavy at the time,,, tarver would never be able to handle arreola,,,,

Being a legit champ at 175, cruiser, plus a nice run into contendership at heavy is much better than tarver could hope for

Comment

Tarver sucks past 175,,, remember he had to be roided to compete at cruiser,, and has done nothing at either cruiser or heavy,,,

Adamek has beaten arreola, which isnt a great historic win, but clearly establishes him as a top 5 heavy at the time,,, tarver would never be able to handle arreola,,,,

Being a legit champ at 175, cruiser, plus a nice run into contendership at heavy is much better than tarver could hope for
              Some fighters translate to weights differently and easier. Doesn't make them any better.

Tarver has better wins than Adamek and he's just a better fighter in general.

He looked terrible against a one handed Arreola, nothing he's done at all is impressive.

His best win, Cunningham, wasn't impressive at all and that's pretty much his only good win.

Comment

Some fighters translate to weights differently and easier. Doesn't make them any better.

He looked terrible against a one handed Arreola, nothing he's done at all is impressive.

His best win, Cunningham, wasn't impressive at all and that's pretty much his only good win.
                That is very true,, kosta tsyzu or hagler is a great example of that,, both would be hard pressed to compete at higher classes

tarver may have a better run at 175,, but H2H adamek would beat him IMO

Comment

That is very true,, kosta tsyzu or hagler is a great example of that,, both would be hard pressed to compete at higher classes

tarver may have a better run at 175,, but H2H adamek would beat him IMO
                  Does that mean that fighters who win titles at multiple weights don't deserve more respect than fighters who stay at the same weight? I think that if you go through different weight classes successsfully then that often, although not always, does suggest you are better. Fighters who stay at the one weight class throughout their entire career really have to be very dominant, particularly although perhaps not always, for a long period of time to be worthy of the respect of those who go through the divisions. Monzon, Hagler, Pedroza, Cervantes would be obvious examples of them.

In terms of ability there probably isn't much to choose between Hill and Dawson but I think Hill's career was better , not least because of the longevity of it with all those title defences.

I like Adamek but he is certainly not at Calzaghe's level, more like Fabrice Tiozzo's level.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                    Does that mean that fighters who win titles at multiple weights don't deserve more respect than fighters who stay at the same weight? I think that if you go through different weight classes successsfully then that often, although not always, does suggest you are better. Fighters who stay at the one weight class throughout their entire career really have to be very dominant, particularly although perhaps not always, for a long period of time to be worthy of the respect of those who go through the divisions. Monzon, Hagler, Pedroza, Cervantes would be obvious examples of them.

In terms of ability there probably isn't much to choose between Hill and Dawson but I think Hill's career was better , not least because of the longevity of it with all those title defences.

I like Adamek but he is certainly not at Calzaghe's level, more like Fabrice Tiozzo's level.
                    Remind me of Tiozzo's career accomplshiments,,, Im not super familiar with him as i am with others

I do think that calzaghe was a better fighter than adamek but they are both in the same league

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post

I think it depends, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I don't think just because you were successful across a lot of weights it automatically makes you better. Obviously it's a good asset to have in your cabinet but depending on who you beat I don't think it holds much weight. So to answer your question; It depends.

Comment

Working...
                      X