Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bruce Lee the Godfather of MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if bruce lee wasn't an actor you'd have no idea who he is.

of course not.

the man has not once been in a recorded fight with anybody other than street fighters.

and he's not harry greb, mind you, whose fights aren't on film, but are in record books, with some of his opponents being filmed.

the man was an actor. he busted onto the scene because he was "kaito" in the green hornet. yes, he was very athletic, and probably a talented fighter, but the fact that he was not a professional fighter remains.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
      Hater alert! hater alert!
      Childish slang alert! Childish slang alert!

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        bruce lee just made people believe.

hed get his ass whooped on MLK blvd by a group of brothaz any day.

with all do respect.
        That comment was about as dumb as that bitch in your avi

Comment

****er has about as much heavybag technique as Spartacus Sully did.

Comment

I'm pretty sure cavemen bashing each other's heads in with rocks was the godfather of MMA...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              I'm pretty sure cavemen bashing each other's heads in with rocks was the godfather of MMA...
              While they performed body rubbing on the floor for at least 5 minutes giving birth to gay sex.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                While they performed body rubbing on the floor for at least 5 minutes giving birth to gay sex.

two funny guys, these.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Childish slang alert! Childish slang alert!
                  Slang is just vernacular language that conveys truth in unconventional ways.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

****er has about as much heavybag technique as Spartacus Sully did.
                    In order to determine that, you would have to know what technique he was applying wouldn't you? Those are not supposed to be Boxing punches. Those are slightly converted Wing Chun Kung Fu punches.

Comment

I dont believe bruce deserves much if any credit for the mixed martial arts we see today. Keep in kind, when ufc first came on the scene some 15-20 years ago, people were nowhere near as 'mixed' as they are today. It was more art vs art, boxer vs jiu jitsu, etc. Today, people are way more rounded with their skills, wih having both jiu jitsu/muay thai/wrestling/etc skills. I dont believe bruce gets credit for this, as people just learned/witnessed the hard way on what it takes to be a well rounded and better fighter.

This knowledge and revolution came well after bruce's time. Get bruce on the ground, and wtf is he gonna do?
                      Last edited by ~AK49~; 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X