No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Garcia, Mitchell-Banks Double Set For July 14th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan-Garcia, Mitchell-Banks Double Set For July 14th

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has advised BoxingScene.com that a deal has been reached for Amir "King" Khan (26-2, 18KOs) to challenge WBC junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (23-0, 14KOs) in an HBO televised main event on July 14th, either from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California or the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Heavyweight prospect Seth Mitchell (25-0-1, 19KOs) will open up the broadcast against Johnathan Banks (28-1-1, 18KOs).

[Click Here To Read More
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-22-2012, 11:09 PM.

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
    Props to Danny Garcia for fighting the best, but I think Khan beats him easily.
    I agree. Garcia got schooled by Morales in his last fight, I thought he had lost too.

Comment

great fight, im not one to nut hig promoters but gbp is leading the way right now.

Comment

Not particularly impressed. Easy handpicked opponent for Khan.
        Predictable & IMO barely a top 20 fighter (though I suppose after going life & death with a washed up as hell Morales he'll be ranked in the top 5 or something ridiculous)

Comment

Khan should be able to take this one.

Comment

GoldenBoy throwin Garcia to the wolves already lol. Guess they realized this cash cow had a short lifespan anyway... Take her to the back....and slaughter her...

Comment

I actually think people are underrating Morales' performance a little bit. Garcia isn't that bad. Morales was tough in that fight. I like this fight for what they had to do.

Comment

Damn good fight considering all the BS that happend.

Comment

people sleeping on Danny he could very well win this fight a very live underdog props to Khan for not taking a soft opponent

Comment

Originally posted by jg77 View Post
                    I agree. Garcia got schooled by Morales in his last fight, I thought he had lost too.
                    I was rooting for Morales, but I thought he clearly lost. I'm not sure how you think he got schooled. (The last hurrah of Morales in the 11th was heartbreaking, once Garcia dropped him)

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                    GoldenBoy throwin Garcia to the wolves already lol. Guess they realized this cash cow had a short lifespan anyway... Take her to the back....and slaughter her...
                    Not sure if I interpreted this correctly, but are you saying that Garcia is a cash cow?

Comment

Working...
                    X