Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBF34
    I wouldnt know.
    I always have the prime seats.
    yeah, well i'll tell you i'll never have seats that far again..

Comment

Originally posted by restless_438
      yeah, well i'll tell you i'll never have seats that far again..
      Yeah, i was lying anyways.
      Good seats are awesome when u have them though.

Comment

Originally posted by PBF34
        Yeah, keep in mind I havent re-watched the fight, so my scoring may change.
        I notice your scoring was alot closer the second time, perhaps because you were excited to give some closer rounds to the fighter you wanted to win.
        The same may have happened with me, we shall see.
        I really hope you rewatch the fight with no bias... You have argued Taylor's victory in about 15 threads so I'm afraid you are going to go in thinking "Taylor won this" instead of looking at who is more aggressive, hitting clean, and blocking shots.

Comment

I am sorry, I re-watched the fight last night and there is no way in hell that taylor won the 12th. It is true that winky did not fought this round like the rest of the fight, but he did fight in the round. Taylor did not do anything, If I remember correctrly winky put taylor on the ropes or corner 2 or 3 times in the 12th, taylor did nothing. At the end of the round winky hits with a small flurry and a very clean left lands, what did taylor do to win this round?

Comment

116-112 Winky......He won the 12th round.Taylor did absolutely nothing rather than just nothing like Wright.

Comment

just my opinion

I am not new to boxing, just new to posting on this site. If that discredits me, so be it.
              I can honestly say I was hoping for a good fight rather than rooting for either fighter to win. Both fighters have already beaten two of my three favorite fighters of recent times. (B-hop, and Sugar Shane) So once again, I didn't care less about who would win the fight.
              Having said all that, I do firmly believe that winky wright won the fight. In my eyes, he controlled the pace of the fight, and was willing to be more aggressive than his normal style would dictate. Wright obviously recognised the need to impress the judges and fans, although he was certainly too cautious in the final round.
              Assuming the fight was already his and reverting back to his more typically cautious style was a mistake. However, that does not mean that Wright lost the last round.
              I have lots of respect for the raw talent of Jermain Taylor. Jermain looks so good when he is punching, most people would "ooh" and "ahh" just watching him work the heavy bag. That does not mean that he should be credited for punches that were blocked by the fighter with the superior defense. That benefit of doubt is essentially what seemed to happen, along with a case of "star-grooming" from the powers that be in the world of boxing.
              Boxing needs big stars or a healthy heavy weight division to capture the publics attention. Yes, there are many talented fighters out there right now. However, not all of them possess the ability to draw fans to the sport by being as good-looking, clean-cut, family-man material, and have the abilty to be articulate when the mics are on as the Taylor. When the other fighter is a 34 year old light-hitting southpaw( hardly the type of fighter the average "joe" is going to pay to see)sometimes the younger, harder punching, and "undefeated" fighter gets some "help."
              Just to reiterate, I saw the fight in favor of Wright 8 rounds to 4. This is my observation based on superior defense that blocked most of Taylors combinations in the center of the ring, and then scoring cleanly against Jermain against the ropes.
              Wright certainly has good reason to be angry to me. He did enough to win inside the boxing ring, but not on the outside. I also feel that his career path is for him to decide, and I agree that he has the right to refuse a rematch.
              Last edited by mr.anthrax; 06-22-2006, 01:07 AM. Reason: gramatical errors

Comment

Originally posted by mr.anthrax
                I am not new to boxing, just new to posting on this site. If that discredits me, so be it.
                I can honestly say I was hoping for a good fight rather than rooting for either fighter to win. Both fighters have already beaten two of my three favorite fighters of recent times. (B-hop, and Sugar Shane) So once again, I didn't care less about who would win the fight.
                Having said all that, I do firmly believe that winky wright won the fight. To my eyes, he controlled the pace of the fight, and was willing to be more aggressive than his normal style would dictate. He obviously recognised the need to impress the judges and fans, although was certainly too cautious in the final round.
                Assuming the fight was already his and reverting back to his more typically cautious style was a mistake. However, that does not mean that Wright lost the last round. I have lots of respect for the raw talent of Jermain Taylor. Jermain looks so good when he is punching, most people would "ooh" and "ahh" just watching him work the heavy bag. That does not mean that he should be credited for punches that were blocked by the fighter with the superior defense. That is essentially what seemed to happen, along with a case of "star-grooming" from the powers that be in the world of boxing.
                Boxing needs big stars or a healthy heavy weight division to capture the publics attention. Yes, there are many talented fighters out there right now. However, not all of them possess the ability to draw fans to the sport by being as good-looking, clean-cut, family-man material, and have the abilty to be articulate when the mics are on. When the other fighter is a 34 year old light-hitting southpaw( hardly the type of fighter the average "joe" is going to pay to see)sometimes the younger, harder punching, and "undefeated" fighter gets some "help."
                Just to reiterate, I saw the fight in favor of Wright 8 rounds to 4. This is my observation based on superior defense that blocked most of Taylors combinations in the center of the ring, and then scoring cleanly against Jermain against the ropes.

I agree completely. To be honest, Lampley was really starting to piss me off throughout the fight. He kept screaming about these huge punches that were hitting Winky, but they were all off his gloves, elbows, or dodged. I specifically recall in the second round Lampley yelling about two HUGE BODY SHOTS from Jermain Taylor, both of which landed on the elbows of Wright. Then he screamed about two huge rights that "landed" right in the face of Winky, but they were, quite literally, ON HIS GLOVES. They didn't touch human skin at all. The commentating really pissed me off in this fight, and normally I can deal with it, but they were so biased towards Jermain it sickened me.

At any rate, I do think that it was Winky's superior defense that won the fight.

Comment

Those most ridiclous was when in a quiet voice lampley is like i just coundted 11 unanser punches on taylor. then taylor throws about a 4 punch combo that literally hit all elbows and gloves and lampley SCREAMS "AND NOW TAYLOR COMES BACK WITH 6-7 PUNCHES AND BACKS RIGHT UP!"

Comment

Originally posted by fabzmm
                    Those most ridiclous was when in a quiet voice lampley is like i just coundted 11 unanser punches on taylor. then taylor throws about a 4 punch combo that literally hit all elbows and gloves and lampley SCREAMS "AND NOW TAYLOR COMES BACK WITH 6-7 PUNCHES AND BACKS RIGHT UP!"
                    lol i saw that **** merchant was like 11 unanswerd punches for wright, and yup taylor threw 4 punches i dont think none of them landed but to lampley it was a 6 or 7 punch combo with a biscuit,it seemed like merchant and lewis were against lampley, i think lampley is paid off the judges hear his loud ass all night, i think thats why the brought kellerman in i think hes gonna take lampleys job, either that or i hope he gets shot

Comment

Originally posted by Mishra100
                      I really hope you rewatch the fight with no bias... You have argued Taylor's victory in about 15 threads so I'm afraid you are going to go in thinking "Taylor won this" instead of looking at who is more aggressive, hitting clean, and blocking shots.

So Winky should get extra points for being a standing target? And blocking shots?

I think hitting Winky even though he is blocking would win over any judge.

I can't belive how many people scored it 116-112 that is to much. This fight was extremly close! Name the rounds Winky won!

I know by anything that Taylor won rounds 9-10 for sure... I need to watch the fight again cause i be forgeting.. And yes i seen the fight 3 times. 1st it thought it was a draw.. then the second and third time i scored it 115-113 Taylor. But that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                      X