Resident Evil 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Yeah.

Since this is the RE6 thread, I won't go as hard as I want on the demo, but it was not good.
    Im downloading it now.

Comment

• Bringer you don't gotta defend yourself bro, we all know how Capcom is.

As for RE6, i paid for it already when I bought Tekken Tag 2, but i have 0 excitement. I don't even care for it now. Which sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ether View Post
        Bringer you don't gotta defend yourself bro, we all know how Capcom is.

As for RE6, i paid for it already when I bought Tekken Tag 2, but i have 0 excitement. I don't even care for it now. Which sucks.
        I just didn't want anybody to confuse me with a "hater" on this particular subject. I'm the first to admit I hate a lot ****, but Capcom is definitely not one of 'em.

They're just reminding me an awful lot of Nintendo and Square/Enix these days : Old school GOAT gaming companies that either alienated or flat out abandoned (in Nintendo's case) their core fanbase.

Comment

• How do you feel Nintendo abandoned their core fanbase? Their AAA titles(Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon) are pretty much the same, but the only thing is that their 3rd party support sucks now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            How do you feel Nintendo abandoned their core fanbase? Their AAA titles(Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon) are pretty much the same, but the only thing is that their 3rd party support sucks now.
            That's another topic for another thread, but the short answer would be the Wii, and more specifically the way it was shamelessly created to pander to a non-gaming audience of grandparents and fatassses who needed exercise in their lives. From the console design itself, to the piss poor selection of games actually created for gamers, to the decision to scale back on mature titles which choked off most devolper's creativity (this actually started taking place on the Gamecube), to the original marketing campaigns - You name it.

The Wii is not a video gaming console, it's a party favor for boring people.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              That's another topic for another thread, but the short answer would be the Wii, and more specifically the way it was shamelessly created to pander to a non-gaming audience of grandparents and fatassses who needed exercise in their lives. From the console design itself, to the piss poor selection of games actually created for gamers, to the decision to scale back on mature titles which choked off most devolper's creativity (this actually started taking place on the Gamecube), to the original marketing campaigns - You name it.

The Wii is not a video gaming console, it's a party favor for boring people.
              At least LoZ: Skyward Sword and the two Super Mario Galaxy games are awesome, even if the console sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                That's fine, just don't go ruining classic (or even new) gaming franchises along the way.

Capcom single handedly destroyed the 'Resident Evil' series, as well as the 'Devil May Cry' series, the 'Megaman X' series and even Marvel vs. Capcom. Not to mention some amazing games that deserved sequels but never got them because Capcom was busy spending the money elsewhere on rehashed dog****.

Games like 'Okami' and 'Viewtiful Joe' deserved full length sequels. 'Okami' was a ****ing masterpiece and Capcom just flushed it down the toilet.
                I'm still a very sad panda about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ether View Post
                  Bringer you don't gotta defend yourself bro, we all know how Capcom is.

I've yet to order mine. Send me yours once you get it. Thanks.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I'm still a very sad panda about that.
                      I'm still disappointed, as well. Like I said, that game was a masterpiece. The concept was bold, the art direction refreshing, the controls intuitive, the Japanese folklore based storyline unique, the boss fights epic, the character progressions rewarding - It literally had everything going for it.

Sure, they gave it a spinoff on the PSP, but that game deserved a full length PS3 sequel.

I also concur with what you said about the Wii. They do have a few solid games like Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and even the Donkey Kong Country remake. But 4 or 5 great games does not warrant a purchase, IMO. The 360 and PS3 get that many great games annually.

Nintendo fell off harder than any other gaming company since Sega.

Comment

Working...
                      X