No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Stands Firm on Maidana's Gloves, Tactics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Stands Firm on Maidana's Gloves, Tactics

LOS ANGELES -- Marcos Maidana seems resigned to the fact that he won't be able to use his favorite gloves in the rematch with Floyd Maywather Jr. on Sept. 13.

That was an issue before the first fight in May, when Mayweather objected to Maidana's custom set of Everlast gloves and said there was no padding inside.

Mayweather wound up winning a difficult majority decision over Maidana.

"The gloves didn't feel comfortable, they felt like pillows," Maidana said Thursday before the final stop in the promotional tour for the fight. "It's an open issue. We're going to fight for my gloves. He probably won't want me to wear them, and if I have to wear different ones I will. At least I will have an opportunity to train in them this time."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Greatest Boxing DIVA of all time

Comment

Shook like a snapple bottle.

Comment

This guy is complaining about gloves when he's injecting himself with xylocaine. Just retire already

Comment

Maidana should be fighting Canelo. If you blow up from 147 to 170, It can't be healthy. Now if he weighed in at 154, and re-hydrated to 170, he might have more stamina. I'll be watching to see how he looks (Rios too) without Ariza.

Comment

The bigger fighter always specifies ring size and gloves. Dela Hoya used to do it but no one ever said this was an issue. Floyd has always beaten every fighter with no strict rules of his own. Last time even the commission refused Maidana's first gloves and Mayweather has every right to be suspicious. Margarito appeared like a beast when all along he was using dodgy tactics. Mayweather just needs to go fight and move making Maidana look stupid then taking him appart after the 4th round. This idea of standing in there like a ****** is unnecessary when he can fight his own fight.

Comment

If floyd dont at least let maidana wear 8oz cleto reyes gloves i'll be very dissapointed and probly not buy the fight! Give him a chance to win.

Comment

You might as well demand for a headgear you fairy.

Comment

HA !! The little Chicken**** is like a child , he's got to have his way with those gloves and make excuses, hmmmmmmmmm must be scared he might get KO'd and LOSE Precious

Chino said he wasn't as good as he is said to be, hahahahahaha, Chino might just come in on JR like a drunk monkey coming from everywhere just not overly crazy and land one of those skull crunchers and put Mr. **** on his back, eyes rolled in the back of "HE" HEAD hahahahahahahaha

Jr is talking safe for both fighters, hmmmmmmm has he always felt this way ???? how bout did he feel safe for ORTIZ with that cheap shot ?

Funny ain't it , JR had a grim look on his face when he landed that shot, but when he got that itty bitty cut he was ready to :

QUIT !!!!!!!! JUST LIKE OL UNC ROG

Comment

Most of ya wouldn't care if maidana used sp1ked gloves (the commission approved it doe)

Comment

Working...
                    X