No announcement yet.

Shadowboxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowboxing

Idk if I'm doing it right so any constructive criticism my way is appreciated. I work the heavy bag frequently and done padwork a couple times in the gym but I'm not sure how shadowboxing really helps me out beyond that. I'm also orthodox but trying to learn how to be a switch hitter before I become reliant on my left. This is all prep for a little fight I have against my coworker on Friday Night. I'll be sure to record that and post it up as well.

View My Video

im not experienced like anyone else but all i can say is, keep your guard up mate. you dropped your left hand and was swinging it which makes you open for a counter attack. and turn that hip more during the crosses and hooks! but i gotta say a job well done! keep working hard buddy good luck to you and god bless

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
      im not experienced like anyone else but all i can say is, keep your guard up mate. you dropped your left hand and was swinging it which makes you open for a counter attack. and turn that hip more during the crosses and hooks! but i gotta say a job well done! keep working hard buddy good luck to you and god bless
      Thanks alot pal! Your input is very helpful I think I'm accustomed to working the bag so much that I forget my target is technically going to be attacking me and looking for me to drop my guard the entire time so there are certainly things I need to correct there.
      As for the hooks/straights, thnx again I still don't know how to throw them well but understanding form and positioning is crucial to me. I'll definitely rotate the hips more from now on.
      Last edited by Hyper Knuckles; 11-30-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

terrible, man, really just terrible
        you gotta go to the a club

P.S what was iwth the stance changing? and when you attempted that god awful head movement you stood on one leg was you leaned to your right? you also completely squared up
        sorry not trying to be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
          terrible, man, really just terrible
          you gotta go to the a club

P.S what was iwth the stance changing? and when you attempted that god awful head movement you stood on one leg was you leaned to your right? you also completely squared up
          sorry not trying to be a dick
          nah, ur fine. The stance thing is kind of dumb, I guess I just do it out of habit to gain familiarity with both hands since I'm still new to things & not really used to fighting orthodox. I figure maybe switching it up will help develop power in my 2 fists while I'm still getting the hang of things. The head movement I've really been trying to work on. A fitness coach lectured me on the importance of using good balance and avoiding punches so I've been working to move my head a little more.

Comment

Working...
          X