Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN First Take talks Ward vs. Brand today. But no Frampton v. LSC last week?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.... View Post
    I dont recall saying anything last week
    It was Frankie Clutch. My bad

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      ESPN isn't owned by Time Warner so you're missing the whole point. If this were The Fight Game I could understand not talking Showtime/Haymon fighters. This is a sports show that's supposed to cover sports without bias to what network they're on or who promotes/manages them. The only time he talked a non-HBO fighter is when he bad mouthed Floyd Mayweather. What if ESPN only covered games shown on their network? Would that make any sense?
      Im just saying if PBC fighters are not getting their due, they need to go their own route. From what you are saying its obvious there is a bias for one reason or another. If ESPN is playing them then do the same, it sucks there is such a divide in the sport but its time to step up and may the best man win. To me is seems like PBC is "kinda" following a UFC type blueprint, UFC has their fight game sorta shows and they dont talk about bellator fighters, so PBC should do the same. Besides I am sure because Kellerman is Primarily an HBO guy, he cannot just speak about PBC with out fear of a lawsuit from PBC. Things have become really petty with frivolous from everyone when in all reality, its a pugilistic sport and the fighting should be done in the ring.

Comment

People don't pay attention to lower weights. Ward is a much bigger name than either Santa Cruz or Frampton, and beating Brand set up the best fight in boxing. I'd expect Ward to be talked about before Santa Cruz vs. Frampton. Stephen A. Smith probably has no idea who Santa Cruz or Frampton are, let alone any ability to talk about them.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.... View Post
          No one knows who the **** Frampton or Santa Cruz is man..First take is not a boxing show and no hardcore boxing fans watch them for boxing news..its for casuals and they are trying to get attention on Ward-Kovalev..commonsense
          this right here. Ward is about to go into a ppv fight, the biggest fight in the sport this year vs kovey. Frampton had a great win but we have no idea where that fight takes him and it wont be as big a fight as kovey vs wards

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            this right here. Ward is about to go into a ppv fight, the biggest fight in the sport this year vs kovey. Frampton had a great win but we have no idea where that fight takes him and it wont be as big a fight as kovey vs wards
            They were discussing the past weekend sporting event. You don't think Frampton vs. LSC was a better fight than Brand vs. Ward? They discussed Crawford vs. Postol and we have no idea where Crawford win takes him. And Frampton vs. LSC was a better fight than that one too

Comment

They were discussing the past weekend sporting event. You don't think Frampton vs. LSC was a better fight than Brand vs. Ward? They discussed Crawford vs. Postol and we have no idea where Crawford win takes him. And Frampton vs. LSC was a better fight than that one too
              it was a ppv unification fight and Crawford is in the Pacquiao sweepstakes

Comment

Kellerman will likely keep the focus strictly on HBO Boxing which is smart because that is his other job!

Comment

I pointed out last week no talk of Frampton vs. Santa Cruz. Is this supposed to be a sports show or is this an extension of HBO boxing? There is no way you can justify talking Terence Crawford vs. Postol, Brand vs. Ward, and even Roy Jones continuing to fighting, but not talking Santa Cruz vs. Frampton.

First Take is supposed to be a show that covers all sports. ESPN isn't owned by Time Warner so there is no reason to only cover HBO boxing. It's just Max showing his bias. He isn't a real boxing fan. He's just an HBO boxing fan. This would be like Skip Bayless only talking Dallas Cowboys because that was the team he covered as a beat writer. That's how ridiculous this has gotten.

until they fight Rigo...both can eat a dick in my book

Frampton gave the weakest excuse...." i have to think about my family:...wtf....rigo would have been his best opponent and one if not his best payday

LSC would have got embarrassed but the difference is, Rigo has skills and power.

Comment

My guess is Andre Ward is one of the only fighters Stephen A. knows and feels he can give an opinion on.

Comment

Working...
                    X