Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua & Whyte Post-Fight Interviews - "Many Champions Lose And Come Back!" [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua & Whyte Post-Fight Interviews - "Many Champions Lose And Come Back!" [VIDEO]

Back room interviews with Whyte and Joshua after their explosive contest.

Whyte confirms in this interview that many champions lose and come back, he reels off a list of Ali, Lennox, Vitali, Wladimir (clearly cut short by the interviewer before he's about to mention Khan who is probably the most impressive example of this by far).

Dillian Whyte says "This ain't the end of me, many champions lose and come back..."

Anthony Joshua
    says that Whyte has improved but he wasn't good enough for the task at hand.

Last edited by FlatLine; 12-13-2015, 01:55 AM.

Neither Joshua nor Whyte have ever defeated a top 20 world rated heavyweight yet. You can't be a champion and come back from defeat if you have never been a champion to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Neither Joshua nor Whyte have ever defeated a top 20 world rated heavyweight yet. You can't be a champion and come back from defeat if you have never been a champion to begin with.
      Haha, true that. Whyte is nobody, really.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        You need to read between the lines sometimes. What Whyte is saying is that he is still championship material because lots of fighters have lost (either before or after they became champion) and came back to be successful in the sport and win, or recapture, a belt. Or to translate as simply as possible: "Even though I lost, I'll still come back and be a world champion one day".

Comment

It should be interesting to see how they both come along over the next couple of years...I think they have potential to become top contenders. Joshua because of his size and brawn...Whyte because I think he is a tough natural fighter. They both have years till they reach their prime...today they caught everybody's imagination.

And I'll add something else that this was not a boring heavyweight fight for a change.
          Last edited by jaded; 12-13-2015, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Post-fight press conference with Joshua and Hearn: "I was trying to throw a Mike Tyson hook but it wasn't working this fight so I adapted"

Comment

Working...
            X