No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas: Keith Thurman will be the next big star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Atlas: Keith Thurman will be the next big star

He just said it on PBC on ESPN when asked. He first said Canelo and Roman Gonzalez but not being American and not speaking English will hurt Canelo, and Roman being a Flyweight and not speaking English will hurt him. He says Thurman is smart, he is a powerhouse, and he speaks very well. The Collins guy said Golovkin is the next big star.

What do you guys think, who is the next big star? Poll coming.
    Canelo Alvarez
    34.62%
    Keith Thurman
    11.54%
    Roman Gonzalez
    0.00%
    Gennady Golovkin
    42.31%
    Danny Garcia
    3.85%
    Kell Brook
    0.00%
    Deontay Wilder
    0.00%
    Andre Ward
    3.85%
    Sergiy Kovalev
    3.85%
    Terrence Crawford
    0.00%

Canelo, Thurman, and Wilder

Comment

Of this list Golovkin followed by Kovalev, but the real answer isn't in the poll: Tyson "Too Fast" Fury.

Comment

He right if thurman can get past porter he will be the man to beat at walter weight

Comment

To early to tell who it will be honestly

Comment

Thurman hasnt stepped his competition up so i cant tell what he is

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Of this list Golovkin followed by Kovalev, but the real answer isn't in the poll: Tyson "Too Fast" Fury.
              You think GGG can be a bigger PPV star than Canelo? And you think even Kovalev will be a bigger PPV star than Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                You think GGG can be a bigger PPV star than Canelo? And you think even Kovalev will be a bigger PPV star than Canelo?
                Yes to both. I've always considered him an unimpressive hype job, and hope he eats enough losses to be universally accepted as such. He is a draw, but because of his loyal fans, mainly mexican, which he had before the Trout fight. The only people I have seen root for him other than his original loyal fanbase are fans who are really haters of an opponent of Canelitos. He is extremely ordinary to me, does many things well but nothing impressive, similar to Cotto, but Cotto is much more pleasant to watch and also doesn't do anything poorly, Canelo has flaws, is slow, and has conditioning problems. He's also been force-fed as "the next big thing" when it's literally a baseless claim. If he ever becomes some huge superstar it will be a result of a tremendous effort behind him and by him, similar to Floyd, he will never be a natural draw like GGG, DLH, or Fury.

Comment

Keith needs a big signature win first, if he can beat Porter in December, which I think is a 50-50, that will generate a lot of buzz.

Comment

He has several of the necessary elements but the talent at 147 is too stacked. I'm becoming skeptical of his abilities.
                    Genady is too old with few interesting fights on the horizon.
                    Canelo is the future it seems.

Comment

Working...
                    X