Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios VS Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana is sloppy and getting worse, but he'd win by virtue of the fact that Brandon would stand right in front of him. In a slugfest, I'll take Maidana. He keeps swinging whereas Rios often lulls and lets guys get shots off on him. Would be fun to watch.

Comment

at 140 ,rios

at 147 , maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
        Ortiz hits hard but the shots he dropped Maidana with were short punches, not ones he sat down on for power. The main reason Rios wins though is that he is a better brawler then Maidana is because of his chin and bodywork. Maidana not a fan of the body shots, and he would be eating them non stop. And like I said before, Rios would be the one coming at Maidana, lets not pretend since Maidana uses his jab a bit now that he is going to just "box" rios from distance, once they start going at it, it will quickly turn into a brawl.
        To me, Maidana was hit by a beautiful shot by Khan. These fighters that Marcos faced, by the way, are all higher caliber fighters than anyone Rios has faced. Anyway, that doesn't mean Maidana is weak to the body. It was a great shot. It was the speed mostly that caught Maidana unawares. Rios has none of that which made Khan so devastating to Maidana.

Maidana can brawl, quite well I might add. But its not his only angle in a fight.

I see Rios taking it to Maidana, that's the only gear he has. Not saying Maidana is a boxing savant, he's a warrior that relies on brute force over finesse the majority of the time. All I'm saying is Maidana has more tools at his disposal. I also see Maidana's arsenal of punches, paired with his superior mobility and boxing skills, changing the momentum of the fight by the 4th or 5th. Then we would have Rios on the back foot, unable to cope with bombs of which he has never felt the equivalent of in his entire career. That would be the beginning of the end for Rios.

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
        Maidana is sloppy and getting worse, but he'd win by virtue of the fact that Brandon would stand right in front of him. In a slugfest, I'll take Maidana. He keeps swinging whereas Rios often lulls and lets guys get shots off on him. Would be fun to watch.
        I agree with your assessment, but I think he's shown improvement/settled more into the weight, over when he moved up to fight Devon.

Comment

Working...
        X