Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: early PPV reports indicate more than 600,000 buys for Chavez-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much better than I'd anticipated, good work.

Comment

If Arum did make these number up, we will know. Lou dibella is expecting his cut of those numbers and if he doesn't get it he's not the type to keep his mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI
        Bob Arum is saying Chavez-Martinez did over 600k. He's wrong, it won't. But he'll make a successful show look bad by exaggerating so much

Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI
        Since a lot of people are asking me, my official prediction for PPV numbers for #ChavezMartinez is 470,000 buys
        of course arum would lie about it

Comment

Where do the official numbers actually come from? Is there public documentation on every single Boxing PPV? Meaning is it actual public record than anyone can acquire the numbers?

Comment

WOAH!

that's great news

it really is. that's the first major PPV for either of these guys. chavez was on fringe BS ppv, but martinez has always been an HBO fighter. 600K is huge money

i paid $60 for my broadcast.

60 x 600,000 is a hell of a lot of money for two fighters to be generating who are not floyd mayweather and manny pacquiao (or named klitschko.)
            that's enough money to pay everybody and keep everybody happy, and keep the ship running, which is the name of the game with an enterprise like top rank.
            lou dibella also gets a piece of the pie, and even though he probably gets less because his investments cant be as great to promote the thing, you've got to appreciate that he gets a piece of the big time by being allowed to work with TR fighters.

DAMN
            that's impressive. the card was a bit light (i watched almost all of the showtime undercard and DVR'ed canelo and lopez,) but that main event was terrific. it wasn't very competitive, but it was very entertaining and compelling. obviously the 12th was legendary as well.

martinez puts on one hell of a show.

great night of fights, saturday. one of the best in recent memory.
            Last edited by New England; 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Great if true, but at the very least I think Arum is rounding up expectations but either way it did very well eve if it just surpassed 500k or ends up a bit under that is still great all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire
                Bob Arum now says early ppv reports indicate more than 600,000 buys for #ChavezMartinez. He says buzz from conflicting cards "didn't hurt."
                Wow. That PPV number came pretty quickly.

Great to see that the reporting systems are so efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  Wow. That PPV number came pretty quickly.

Great to see that the reporting systems are so efficient.
                  Top Rank must have upgraded their counting machines~

Comment

Actually I remember Cotto vs Margarito was was a big event. It felt bigger than Chavez vs Martinez. Their first fight did 450,000 and their rematch did 600,000.

I would be very surprised if last Saturday's fight did even 500,000. Especially considering it was competing with a free event.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw
                      Actually I remember Cotto vs Margarito was was a big event. It felt bigger than Chavez vs Martinez. Their first fight did 450,000 and their rematch did 600,000.

I would be very surprised if last Saturday's fight did even 500,000. Especially considering it was competing with a free event.
                      Originally posted by deanrw

Is this like a post hating on Martinez or Chavez for doing these numbers? Assuming theyre real.

Now Cotto cant call himself the third highest PPV fighter cause these two just did the same numbers as him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X