Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Six Of the 90's Super Middleweight (Britain & Ireland)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    its true..

after the first fight with jackson mcclellan had a huge bump on his head which his sister (a nurse) was very concerned about and begged him to get checked out, he didnt.

in sparring leading up to his fight with benn mcclellan got hit with a jab from a welterweight (tarick salmaci) and started blinking the same way he did between rounds in the benn fight causing the session to be stopped.

everything written above are 100% facts. the bottle u posted is generally used by posters who have no other way to respond to an argument so they act childish instead, which is ironic given the bottle.
    Back up your argument with some facts ....prove these facts of yours !
    Show me the link to prove this ???

i know a fair bit about this fight as it one of only three fights i have ever bought a ring side ticket for ....
    I have read many articles and watched many videos on McClellan since that fight and have never read anything like what you state...i remember reading that Emanuel Stewart had advised him against taking the Benn fight ....
    So please show me where you have read these new details on his health ??
    i am more than interested !
    Last edited by CiganoBoxer; 06-07-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
      On what do you base that?? because on form as soon as Graham fought at Eubanks or Benns level he got beat....
      Did he?... who did he fight on their level who beat him?.. dont try and tell me that Benn & Eubank are on the same level as Mike McCallum who Graham was "ROBBED" against or maybe your gonna say they are on the same level as Julian Jackson or Sumbu Kalambay which they most certainly aren`t.. IMO Sugarboy Malinga beat Eubank & Benn yet he would have been slaughtered by Herol Graham.. Michael Watson hammered Benn and was "ROBBED" in his fight against Eubank then suffered the unfortunate injury in their 2nd fight when well on the way to a clear victory yet he was taken apart by McCallum... Herol Graham beats these lot easily.

Comment

I voted Calzaghe but i cant really see how you can include him in ...as he came along after all these fighters were ether retired or finished
        Picking a winner out of all the rest is difficult ....Eubank all ready had beat Watson twice and Collins beat Eubank twice....
        Collins also beat Benn twice but we cant really count that as even Steve Collins said himself that the Benn that he fought was a shell of the fighter that beat Gerald McClellan !
        Errol Graham was an awkward fcuker but all ways failed at world level...If he would of fought Benn he for my money would of got stopped down the line...although i would of gave him a chance against Eubank !
        For my money none of them would of beat the Nigel Benn that fought McClellan !
        This post smacks of Boxrec and nothing else, its quite obvious reading through the lines that you have never seen any of the fights above as you claim that Eubank beat Watson twice.. when the reality is that you could not be further from the truth if you had seen those two fights.. so i suggest you start to watch some fights before you make ridiculous comments like that or you will never be taken serious in this section.. it is also my guess that you have never seen Herol`bomber`Graham fight otherwise you would not dismiss him as a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          its true..

after the first fight with jackson mcclellan had a huge bump on his head which his sister (a nurse) was very concerned about and begged him to get checked out, he didnt.

in sparring leading up to his fight with benn mcclellan got hit with a jab from a welterweight (tarick salmaci) and started blinking the same way he did between rounds in the benn fight causing the session to be stopped.

everything written above are 100% facts. the bottle u posted is generally used by posters who have no other way to respond to an argument so they act childish instead, which is ironic given the bottle.
          Totally agree with you... Dennis Andries when living in Detroit and training at the Kronk Gym lived for 18 months at Gerald McClellan`s house, so when McClellan came over hear to fight Benn he naturally stayed over at his friend Andries house, But Dennis noticed that Gerald was not the same Gerald he had lived with for 18 months, he was "Damaged-Goods" after sparring with Heavyweights in the Kronk Gym as well as many other things.

Comment

I know who Herol Graham is you silly cunnt and i watched him fight probably more than you as my trainer/gym mate fought him as a pro !
            I dont rate him as much as you...i didnt like that style ....and for me never mind how well he fought McCallum hes allways failed at world level fact !
            I can live with it ...can you ??

Comment

I know who Herol Graham is you silly cunnt and i watched him fight probably more than you as my trainer/gym mate fought him as a pro !
              I dont rate him as much as you...i didnt like that style ....and for me never mind how well he fought McCallum hes allways failed at world level fact !
              I can live with it ...can you ??
              what a **** reply.. youv`e seen virtually nothing of Herol Graham otherwise you would know just how effective his style was... i have seen him fight live` half a dozen times and have almost everyone of his pro fights on dvd so come on lets here who you have seen him against and i will ask you a couple of questions to see if you are correct or a Walter Mitty who talks through his arse.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                what a **** reply.. youv`e seen virtually nothing of Herol Graham otherwise you would know just how effective his style was... i have seen him fight live` half a dozen times and have almost everyone of his pro fights on dvd so come on lets here who you have seen him against and i will ask you a couple of questions to see if you are correct or a Walter Mitty who talks through his arse.
                mmm walter mitty lol
                Why are you so hostile ??
                just my opinion and i am entitled to it like you are yours !
                I didn't say he wasn't affective nore did i say he wasn't any good....but IMO to say he was better than Benn/Eubank or Collins is very debatable !...as all those three achieved at world level ...Graham failled at every attempt !
                IMO people overate Graham because of one good performance against Mcallum....a fight that Graham lost !
                Yes he was a very tricky fighter but he got stopped by lesser fighters than the Benn Eubanks and collins !
                In some fights He just couldnt hold it together at world level....what makes you so sure he would be any different with those three ?
                Incidentally when i was in my early teens i went to see Graham fight a fighter from our club....Johnny Melfah...he beat Melfah that night !
                Melfah used to train us schoolboys at our club at Conney hill vikings Gloucester ....!
                Growing up in our gym Benn and Eubank was the fighters we most followed....espeacilly Benn !..oh and Melfah lol....John Melfah is now in the nut house i was told the other day !
                Last edited by CiganoBoxer; 06-07-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

mmm walter mitty lol
                  Why are you so hostile ??
                  just my opinion and i am entitled to it like you are yours !
                  I didn't say he wasn't affective nore did i say he wasn't any good....but IMO to say he was better than Benn/Eubank or Collins is very debatable !...as all those three achieved at world level ...Graham failled at every attempt !
                  IMO people overate Graham because of one good performance against Mcallum....a fight that Graham lost !
                  Yes he was a very tricky fighter but he got stopped by lesser fighters than the Benn Eubanks and collins !
                  In some fights He just couldnt hold it together at world level....what makes you so sure he would be any different with those three ?
                  Incidentally when i was in my early teens i went to see Graham fight a fighter from our club....Johnny Melfah...he beat Melfah that night !
                  Melfah used to train us schoolboys at our club at Conney hill vikings Gloucester ....!
                  Growing up in our gym Benn and Eubank was the fighters we most followed....espeacilly Benn !..oh and Melfah lol....John Melfah is now in the nut house i was told the other day !
                  the hostility started by you calling me a "silly cunnt"...

who have Eubank, Collins, Benn & Calzaghe fought and beat who was better than the opponents Herol Graham fought ?..... McCallum fought Graham, Collins and Watson all within a 10 months period with him easily beating Collins & Watson... Graham fought by far the better opponents of these fighters beating Ayub Kalule, Lindell Holmes. Mark Kaylor, Rod Douglas, Vinnie Pazienza as well as McCallum, Kalambay & Jackson.... the others fought a round-robin among themselves albeit exciting but way short of world class

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    the hostility started by you calling me a "silly cunnt"...

who have Eubank, Collins, Benn & Calzaghe fought and beat who was better than the opponents Herol Graham fought ?..... McCallum fought Graham, Collins and Watson all within a 10 months period with him easily beating Collins & Watson... Graham fought by far the better opponents of these fighters beating Ayub Kalule, Lindell Holmes. Mark Kaylor, Rod Douglas, Vinnie Pazienza as well as McCallum, Kalambay & Jackson.... the others fought a round-robin among themselves albeit exciting but way short of world class
                    Silly cunnt is a term of endearment where i come from
                    My point is the better opposition on his resume he lost to ! ...
                    Like i have said on what do you base /rate him above Benn Eubank Or Collins ??
                    His one good performance against McCallum ??
                    or his KO loses to Jackson/Grant/Brewer ?
                    I bet if asked Graham he would swap his all his failings at world level for Benn's Eubanks Collins world title belts

Comment

Silly cunnt is a term of endearment where i come from
                      My point is the better opposition on his resume he lost to ! ...
                      Like i have said on what do you base /rate him above Benn Eubank Or Collins ??
                      His one good performance against McCallum ??
                      or his KO loses to Jackson/Grant/Brewer ?
                      I bet if asked Graham he would swap his all his failings at world level for Benn's Eubanks Collins world title belts
                      Eubank, Benn & Collins were not real world champions, they was just masquerading as champion.. the real champion was James Toney & Roy Jones Jr.... Nigel Benn is fortunate in that he beat Gerald McClellan when McClellan was "Damaged-Goods" similar to Lennox Lewis beating Razor Ruddock who was also damaged goods... Eubank was the better between Collins, Benn, Calzaghe & Watson yet he would not be able to beat Herol Graham

Comment

Working...
                      X