No announcement yet.

Title Gel Mitts review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Gel Mitts review

Everytime I get something new I said I would give a review of it. I got these for Xmas because I needed some new Mitts. I had some Everlast Mitts that were with me for a very long time so it was time for something new.

Another trainer at the gym was telling me about these and how good they were for the price.

First off, they look great. Good stitching and nice colors and form. Made with quality leather and you can tell they aren't something just made cheap.

If you have big hands, they are a snug fit. Also they have a curved feel to them and there's actually a ball inside that you can cup your hands around. I like that because it naturally conforms to your hand and takes a lot of the impact away from the punches.

The padding is very tight, it seems too tight at first but my fellow trainer told me they do need some "break in" time so we will see.

I worked with a heavy weight at the gym that hits hard and it was a relief to be holding the new mitts instead of my old mitts. I almost felt no impact and it even took impact away from my bad left shoulder catching hooks.

They are a little heavy, too heavy in fact but I did start to get used to them after a while. If you are looking for light mitts, these aren't the ones for you. They are constructed very well and it seems they are built to last.

Over all I will give them a 4 out of 5, they are great looking, built with quality. They are a little heavy and the hands do fit snug but I was told they do break in.

For the price and excellent buy IMO.

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...nch-mitts.html

it's time i invested in a new pair. those look like the ones.

thanks for the review.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
      it's time i invested in a new pair. those look like the ones.

thanks for the review.
      No prob, I got a gift card for Xmas and the other trainer at my gym told me to try them out. I liked them and it seems everything that Title makes with the Gel series is pretty good.

I train young boxers and I don't want to spend top dollar for Winning, Reyes or Grant. I have found some great stuff with Ringside and TitleBoxing but Ringside has gotten really expensive.

I love these new mitts though, like I said a bit on the heavy side but other than that really nice.

Comment

I've used these mitts too and found them to be too heavy. The padding is good though and absorbs the impact of punches very well. I specially liked the padding in the palm of the hand and the balm ball is just the right shape and size but again their too heavy. Not good for working on speed, just power.

Comment

I had these title mma gels ,but sent them back, gonna try the lonsdale zero impacts, they should be here tmrw....the titles felt waaay too hard.....maybe I should of tried to break them in more but I didn't wanna hurt someones hand in the process....besides the gel, there was absolutly no give to them...good for the holder, but it feels like an accident waiting to happen....let me know if they break in....u may have to hit them with a bat.lol.....other then the hardness, n weight...too heavy, the design is perfect....love the wrist cushion! ...

Comment

Originally posted by hookoffdajab View Post
            I had these title mma gels ,but sent them back, gonna try the lonsdale zero impacts, they should be here tmrw....the titles felt waaay too hard.....maybe I should of tried to break them in more but I didn't wanna hurt someones hand in the process....besides the gel, there was absolutly no give to them...good for the holder, but it feels like an accident waiting to happen....let me know if they break in....u may have to hit them with a bat.lol.....other then the hardness, n weight...too heavy, the design is perfect....love the wrist cushion! ...
            Well another trainer at the gym has them and they have broken in. So I'm not to worried about hurting someone's hands with them, especially if you are wearing gloves and wraps. Plus, mitts aren't supposed to be "soft" by any means because then your hands and wrists will start hurting.

These are also not the MMA one's, they are the one's made for boxing so I don't know if there is a difference, they do look different. I don't hear very good things about Londsdale to be honest and the zero impacts don't have that curve I like which I find really helps take impact away from your wrists and hands. I hold mitts a lot so I need protection.

The biggest downfall is the weight, they do seem heavy but all of the Gel series stuff feels a bit heavier.

Other than that the design and padding is very good.
            Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 01-13-2011, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X