Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 Cent Now a Boxing Promoter, Expected to Sign Yuriorkis Gamboa and Andre Dirrell.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go to 12:55

Comment

• I was expecting 50, Floyd and Al Haymon to put something together eventually. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

• Hard to tell how this will play out. Everyone wants to be a promoter these days it seems. The question is how much luck will he have actually putting fights and cards together.

We have seen from experience that most fail. They end up working under the umbrella of Top Rank or Golden boy to take care of all the details.

These new "Promoters", are more or less glorified managers. Many fighters are now Promoters, but it basically means self promoters when you get down to it.

Comment

• Thanks on posting the Interview..

Comment

• lol,damn................

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
              go to 12:55

GREEN K!

Yeah I kinda figured Mayweather was apart of the entire thing, no way 50 Cent is making this investment by himself, he may know a little about boxing but not enough to do it by himself, he is just the front man with the money to pay for all the Fees and other stuff they will NOW be responsible for like: " paying officials, drug and steroid testing, primary medical insurance for the fighter, making sure an ambulance is at the arena, paying ticket fees, paying television fees, submitting the appropriate paperwork, scheduling the proper events, getting the proper licenses, hire a ring announcer, make sure the fighters have appropriately stocked dressing rooms, a proper scale for the weigh-in, supplying approved gloves, issuing credentials, and giving officials parking passes. "...this is why Mayweather been using Golden Boy Promoters to do business with and fighting their fighters, because they take care of all those things instead of him getting licensed while he is still a active fighter and would have to worry about all those other things as well as Preparing for a Fight

another Top Promotion would give more fighters opportunities so I am all for it!
              Last edited by sicko; 07-24-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• TMT will be a great brand that is for sure.

50 and Floyd will make it work, this is good for boxing either way, the more competition the better

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                  In what I think is a genuinely interesting piece of news, rapper and actor Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson is now a licensed boxing promoter, and has founded TMT Promotions, which is already good to go in New York and is in the process of being licensed in Nevada, according to Chris Mannix.

What makes it really interesting is that 50 Cent is expected to sign two legitimate, notable, high-end fighters in Yuriorkis Gamboa and Andre Dirrell. Both fighters have had recent connections to the Mayweather camp, and have trained in Mayweather's Vegas gym.

Earlier this year, Gamboa, considered the world's top featherweight, bailed on a fight against Brandon Rios, which many sources said was due to influence from the Mayweather team, though this was never "confirmed," really. He was part of Floyd's entourage for the Miguel Cotto fight in May.

In late June, Top Rank and Gamboa came to an agreement, with Top Rank dropping their lawsuit against him and the two sides mutually parting ways.

Dirrell, a top super middleweight, dumped promoter Gary Shaw and Al Haymon earlier this year, and made claims that he was ready to go on his own. That has led to nothing, as I expected, because Dirrell isn't a draw or all that well-known a fighter, despite being highly skilled. He needs a promoter, and it looks like he's found one.

This could all fail gloriously, but they said that about Golden Boy Promotions, too. Whatever you might think of 50 Cent, the guy's made a lot of money, and he's also not just a Mayweather flunky -- he has reportedly been interested in doing this for some time, and is now making the leap. I say best of luck to him. I'm really interested in seeing where this goes. It's already more legit than Mayweather Promotions has ever been.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/7/20...oa-boxing-news

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2012/07/20/...iorkis-gamboa/

The platinum selling artist, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, has founded TMT Promotions — short for "The Money Team" — which has been licensed in New York and, according to Nevada state athletic commissioner Keith Kizer, is in the process of applying for a license in Nevada.

UPDATE: The name of 50's new company is TMT, short for The Money Team.

As a former amateur boxer himself, 50 has a keen eye for talent. He has already signed gold medalist and former featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa and middleweight, and former Olympic medalist Andre Dirrell.
                  sick gif

I like it....I could work....Fif is the supreme hustler imo

Comment

• Fif is a G....

Comment

• What did fifty say at 13:25.

It was kinda muffled, I even put in my headphones and I THINK he said "Me and Floyd"?

Am I right?

Comment

Working...
                      X