No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell is Injured, Banks Fight Canceled For Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell is Injured, Banks Fight Canceled For Now

BoxingScene.com has been advised by both sides that heavyweight Seth Mitchell (25-0, 19KOs) has sufferered a right hand injury in training and he will not be able to move forward with a scheduled fight against Johnathon Banks (28-1-1, 18 KOs) on July 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Mitchell-Banks was the HBO televised co-feature to the junior welterweight fight between Amir Khan and Danny Garcia. Mitchell's hand will take at least 6 to 8 weeks to heal.

[Click Here To Read More]

.... I was really excited for this!

Comment

I hope Golden Boy can bring over Lara in the under card. Otherwise, Khan vs Garcia is a pretty meh by itself.

Comment

Hopefully HBO will do the right thing and still have Jonathan Banks on the July 14th card, since it was promised to him.

They could replace Mitchell with another Heymon-managed boxer, Chris Arreola.

But of course they won't do it.

Comment

Oh no!

shazbot!

Comment

Damnit... are DC fighters cursed or something? Gary Russell Jr bouts are always cancelled cause the main event falls apart or cancelled due to injuries and now Seth Mitchell boooo!

Comment

Another fight bites the dust.

Comment

damn, i was looking forward to this as well. i like the idea of it being postponed rather than cancelled. hope it works out and it could happen later in the year.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I hope Golden Boy can bring over Lara in the under card. Otherwise, Khan vs Garcia is a pretty meh by itself.
                was lara/hearns on showtime cause hbo rejected it or just cause gbp wanted it there? if lara was to replace mitchell i could see hbo only accepting a competitive fight for lara. i really don't think anyone at 154 would step up to lara right now. haha, where's martirosyan when you need him?...

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  damn, i was looking forward to this as well. i like the idea of it being postponed rather than cancelled. hope it works out and it could happen later in the year.

was lara/hearns on showtime cause hbo rejected it or just cause gbp wanted it there? if lara was to replace mitchell i could see hbo only accepting a competitive fight for lara. i really don't think anyone at 154 would step up to lara right now. haha, where's martirosyan when you need him?...
                  vanez is on the undercard of chavez jr/lee

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                    vanez is on the undercard of chavez jr/lee
                    oh, didn't know that. won't even check boxrec but let me guess, another subpar opponent? if it is, man he is the prime example of undefeated records being overrated.

Comment

Working...
                    X