carry on boxing or keep modelling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carry on boxing or keep modelling?

what's up guys?

I am new to this forum but have been boxing for quite a while now (not competitively - will start if I get over my dilemma).
    However I am in a very stupid situation at the moment. I am a student and have been earning my money to support myself through modelling.

My problem is that I love boxing! All what I do all day is box in the air (when not at the gym) and watch boxing on tv/internet.

So I am not sure what to do, keep on boxing (I know I won't turn professional) and let my model agency to f*** off! Or shall I quit boxing because I need the money?

The thing that is scaring me is that I will eventually break my nose sometime very soon (as do most boxers). I don't give a f*** about the pain but am too scared that my face will look f***ed up after the break and hence my job will be on the line...

What shall I do guys? I am really stressed over this...

Stick to modelling.

Comment

or just be good at defense lol. been boxing for 9 years gotta be close to 1,000 rounds sparring and near 30 fights. never broken my nose. clean the sand out your vag.

Comment

Don't see why you couldn't do both. Safety first fighters can do well in this sport. Boxing also helps your modelling in terms of having a lean physique... By the time (if it even got that far) you started seeing your face start changing..I doubt you'd want to be modelling at that time anyway and would hopefully have your career started by then.

Comment

Stay in modeling but use boxing as a why to stay fit. Like you said, you'll probably never go professional and you'll probably make more money modeling.

Comment

Depends on how much you're making modeling. If you're making a livable wage modeling I'd stick to that for now, you'll only have a few years of that... If you're not looking to go pro, than you really don't have any hurry on the boxing... Stick to the gym, work the bags, mitts, some light sparring with good headgear.

Or if you're really worried about it, get the headgear with a noseguard, you'll probably have to try a couple different styles of these as some block your vision (especially uppercuts).

Comment

One of the two is a worthy profession for a man, you figure out which...

Having your nose broken won't happen for sure, i know plenty fighters who's been good enough to avoid it.

Comment

Be a pro boxer, unify the titles, model for boxing magazines and commercials. Easy.

Comment

You say you know you won't turn professional in terms of Boxing, so why take the head punches?

You can still do pad work, bag work, speedballs, shadowboxing, skip rope, roadwork and body sparring to keep your physique in shape and enjoy the boxing vibe/training.

No need to stress over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    You say you know you won't turn professional in terms of Boxing, so why take the head punches?

You can still do pad work, bag work, speedballs, shadowboxing, skip rope, roadwork and body sparring to keep your physique in shape and enjoy the boxing vibe/training.

No need to stress over it.
                    pretty much this right here

Comment

Working...
                    X