Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best watches to buy a reasonable price!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    Just look around and take an informal survey...where I live there are very few people wearing a watch today. I see mostly early 20's guys trying to make a bling statement by wearing one...and not really all that many at that.
    thing is.. most people suck.

look at successful people and your little survey will have different results.

hell, even among average people those with a watch still do better at the small things in life than those who dont.

Comment

LMAO at the guys recommending $400 and $500 watches when TS clearly said his budget is $200.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        I used to be the sales manager for a Hong Kong watch mfg (no I'm not Chinese)...but today I think a watch is the biggest waste of money there could be since you have a cell phone in your pocket and haven't worn one of the many I own in probably 15 years.
        Mike D is right. It's a fashion accessory.

Comment

to stop my pro watch ranting and actually help out OP, like mentioned Tissot is a great entry level watch.

Classic Dream

The dream is a very nice piece for under 200$. comes in several different versions as well.

Tissot Desire

Also comes in several different versions, nicer than the dream imo. Also under 200$

Tissot Le Locle

This is the first watch i bought for myself, a bit more expensive but i can personally recommend it. One of few objects i own that are truly important to me. like the rest it too comes in different versions, all three come with either a leather or steel strap for example. lines, regular numbers or roman numerals too etc..
          Last edited by #1Assassin; 05-28-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            i did write try. lol.

but you are right, i cant help it. the best i can do is make it a first impression and give them another chance. but the first impression is ruined for sure.

its not "just" a watch though. when you meet someone, there are a few things that stand out. its not your jeans or your shirt. its your shoes, your belt, your watch, your body language and of course how you behave yourself. surprisingly the things you say generally affect people less than the image you present. obviously lots of people choose to approach you or simply judge you without a single word or even look being exchanged too.

its an old school thing, like people have said you can use your phone to tell the time and in that sense dont need a watch. but back in the day it wasnt like that. Malcolm X for instance said he has no time for a man who doesnt wear a watch. today it shows a measure of style and class, at least in my mind. to spend time and money on clothes and overlook your watch is like having a 500$ haircut but never brushing your teeth. looking like **** all over isnt exactly better either.

what i think doesnt matter, but you should know women pay a lot of attention to a mans watch. not just gold diggers either. they judge your level of refinement, maturity, class, style and attention to detail based on **** like that. women decide whether they want to **** you in the first 2 seconds as well, so first impression is everything. get a classy watch and you will open up a lot of new opportunities. just my two cents.
            You sound like a women tbh.

Cant be a man without a watch smh.

Comment

Here is my old Seiko. Still going strong after 26 years

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

hell, even among average people those with a watch still do better at the small things in life than those who dont.
                Lol I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by #1Assassin

Lol I'm speechless.
                  I've seen many stupid posts from this guy, but this is possibly the most ******ed thing I've ever read on boxingscene.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Jaws is a great watch, and i saw it going for only £5 the other day. More than reasonable.

Comment

I remember having one of these joints when I was little (it was blue)

would love to have one again

Comment

Working...
                      X