Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four fights on the HBO's network on March 9th.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four fights on the HBO's network on March 9th.

HBO bought the rights to show Carlos Salgado (26-1-1, 16KOs) agains't Argenis Mendez (20-2, 10 KOs) rematch. It will air live on HBO Latino (8:30 p.m ET) Following that fight which is on the undercard of the Arreola vs Stirverne fight which takes place on regular HBO in Costa Meza, California. It will air live in a split site then the Hopkins vs Cloud fight. Which is taken place at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. with Thuram vs Zaveck on the undercard. Three fights on regular HBO with Salgado vs Mendez 2 on HBO Latino is not a bad night of boxing. I hope we see this more from HBO like Showtime does with Showtime Extreme undercard fights.

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
    HBO bought the rights to show Carlos Salgado (26-1-1, 16KOs) agains't Argenis Mendez (20-2, 10 KOs) rematch. It will air live on HBO Latino (8:30 p.m ET) Following that fight which is on the undercard of the Arreola vs Stirverne fight which takes place on regular HBO in Costa Meza, California. It will air live in a split site then the Hopkins vs Cloud fight. Which is taken place at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. with Thuram vs Zaveck on the undercard. Three fights on regular HBO with Salgado vs Mendez 2 on HBO Latino is not a bad night of boxing. I hope we see this more from HBO like Showtime does with Showtime Extreme undercard fights.
    What a night it will be. Can't wait for the ninth

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
      What a night it will be. Can't wait for the ninth
      I know it's a pretty good looking card four fights on HBO. I glad they are trying to please us boxing fans with this card.

Comment

I don't want to make this a Floyd thread but him leaving the network should open up their boxing budget substantially.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
          Sign me up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I don't want to make this a Floyd thread but him leaving the network should open up their boxing budget substantially.
            Mayweather leaving HBO was the best thing to happen to HBO in a while..Is it me or did a lot of GBP fighters go with him??It's almost like TR is with HBO and GBP is with Showtime..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Mayweather leaving HBO was the best thing to happen to HBO in a while..Is it me or did a lot of GBP fighters go with him??It's almost like TR is with HBO and GBP is with Showtime..
              I think they're trying to sign Adrien Broner to a long term deal but we'll see how that turns out.

Dibella takes his fighters to HBO too. So you'' still have Sergio on there.

Aren't they showing Froch vs. Kessler 2 also?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                I think they're trying to sign Adrien Broner to a long term deal but we'll see how that turns out.

Dibella takes his fighters to HBO too. So you'' still have Sergio on there.

Aren't they showing Froch vs. Kessler 2 also?
                Kessler vs Froch is on HBO on May 25th in London. Dawson vs Pascal is off so now they will show Pascal vs Bute in Montreal on the same day.
                Last edited by Ringlife; 02-23-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Glad they did pick up Salgado/Mendez why not put it on the card as well

Comment

The thing I don't like about HBO is that they guarantee fighters another date even if they lose their fights on the network. Like the owe De Marco a date after a loss to Broner. They also owe Dawson a date after he lost to Ward. So both those guys got fights later on this year agains't TBA.

Comment

Working...
                    X