No announcement yet.

Proof of Aliens?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    If "God" is based on not knowing the true nature of the universe, and is really just a big old ridiculous glob of supposition, then I would conclude the more one learns about the universe the less one would believe in Santa Claus. The universe as a "simulation" or "experiment" is interesting, but sadly you haven't even the slightest bit of proof to even begin thinking like this. As it is, there's no proof of God or anything remotely close to an entity(ies) like that.

You mean the same humans that aren't travelling through space, you mean those? Because I'm talking about meaningful space exploration that isn't limited to a few planets in a solar system, I'm talking about full interplanetary travel. Right now the human race is in the process of sloughing off it's ignorance aka religion. This will take time and succeeding generations to cull out the millennial long fool's errand in search of faeries and unicorns.

I reject all religion regardless of whether it subscribes to gods or leprechauns is utterly meaningless to me. Religion is not relevant if it gets its adherent to dismiss or disregard true and correct information.

All im saying is its 2015 and religion is thriving. Its probably true that there is a correlation between scientific knowledge and less religiosity but when it comes to imagining beings we dont even know exist and their technology we cannot begin to fathom, making presumptions about their form of religion and their beliefs is kinda foolish to me.
    I mean, you mention evidence and ignorance.....well, there is no evidence for aliens, and we are completely ignorant about 'them'. So assuming they wont be very religious holds no water for me,

There is always stuff we wont know. That is often were superstition lives. And who knows what weird forms of religion these ****s might have?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      All im saying is its 2015 and religion is thriving. Its probably true that there is a correlation between scientific knowledge and less religiosity but when it comes to imagining beings we dont even know exist and their technology we cannot begin to fathom, making presumptions about their form of religion and their beliefs is kinda foolish to me.
      I mean, you mention evidence and ignorance.....well, there is no evidence for aliens, and we are completely ignorant about 'them'. So assuming they wont be very religious holds no water for me,

There is always stuff we wont know. That is often were superstition lives. And who knows what weird forms of religion these ****s might have?
      I wouldn't say it's thriving really, I think there's ample evidence for it's erosion given that it's being used to justify everything from terrorism (both foreign and domestic), to denying children immunization. If people were honest with themselves and read the scriptures as they appear a lot of the **** people think up isn't even in the bible anywhere. I think some people and or groups are extremely reluctant to move outside of an easy to understand universe based on an archaic religious framework.

I make presumptions based on my frame of reference, Planet Earth, I don't have anything else. Quite naturally I could be wrong, but I wonder how many of humankind's discoveries are based on religion? Religion is a closed system that only allows new information based on emotions and nothing observable or coherent.

We have no evidence of aliens but one imagines if they're flying around in space they presumably would have escaped the crises that are now crippling the world that's "thriving" with religion. I think for me, this is about more than just aliens it's about freedom of human determination. I equate nothing good or useful with religion, so I can't quite see a race if they exist, and have any level of sophistication being religious. Mathematics is the universal language not Hebrew or Arabic....

Comment

If "God" is based on not knowing the true nature of the universe, and is really just a big old ridiculous glob of supposition, then I would conclude the more one learns about the universe the less one would believe in Santa Claus. The universe as a "simulation" or "experiment" is interesting, but sadly you haven't even the slightest bit of proof to even begin thinking like this. As it is, there's no proof of God or anything remotely close to an entity(ies) like that.
        I said that they wouldn't rule it out, it wasn't a positive claim. There's no alternative explanation either. Human understanding of the beginning of the Universe only explains what happened, not what prompted it. Everything in that regard is supposition for the most part so I don't know why it's sad that there isn't proof. Comparing belief in Santa Claus to discussion about what prompted the creation of the Universe is strange and not a relevant comparison.

Comment

lol at religions thriving. catholic church is losing members at record rate while my atheists soldiers are gaining numbers similar to ISIS in its prime. there is a islamic civil war going on for the heart of islam. youtube comments section pwnage are happening everyday. squealpiggy level.

religion is not thriving. its at war right now and they are taking Ls.

they are losing the battle but the war is faaaaaaaar from over.

Comment

as for proof of aliens,

mulder and scully (god i hope she's still hot) are making a comeback.

hopefully they tell us.

Comment

Good post. But what about the worm hole ideas? (which i know zero about)
              I don't know much about them either apart from the fact they are mathematical constructs only. Even if two points of space far apart could be connected I would imagine there would be a slew of problems transporting matter that has been organized such as life, or knowing where you'll end up, or keeping the wormhole connecting the same two points and stuff. Who knows though, it's something I'll have to look up but even the most basic explanations rely on concepts well out with my understanding.

Comment

Check out the Fermi Paradox, quite an interesting read about the probability of aliens existing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Comment

There they are. One of them is Jose goin back to PR.

Comment

That's doubtful, any race technologically advanced enough to travel in space would no doubt have logically concluded there was no God. Unless we had something to offer a species like that besides the vaginas of our women they'd more than likely just cruise by our planet without stopping.
                    If there is no God, and this entire universe sprang about by chance, then that means anything can spring by chance.

If nothing created us, yet we're still here, then that virtually means ANYTHING can happen. There's nothing more improbable than nothing turning into everything. If there's no God, then that's exactly what happened. For a universe of matter, life and perception with endless dimension to just form by chance is the most improbable and impossible thing that can logically occur. It's like saying 0+0= Infinity

So, if there's no God, that means anything can happen. If anything can happen that means a God could very well exist.

If universes of conciousness and thought can form from a rock, i don't think it's so impossible to conceive that consciousness can form on much higher levels, I don't think it's so inconceivable that the universe could have formed with a consciousness too.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-31-2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
                      If there is no God, and this entire universe sprang about by chance, then that means anything can spring by chance.

If nothing created us, yet we're still here, then that virtually means ANYTHING can happen. There's nothing more improbable than nothing turning into everything. If there's no God, then that's exactly what happened. For a universe of matter, life and perception to just come about by chance is the most improbable and impossible thing that can happen.

So, if there's no God, that means anything can happen. If anything can happen that means a God could very well exist.
                      There's so much that science doesn't know but religion doesn't even have the guts to begin to ask the questions bro, nor does it have the tools. Religion can never satiate a truly curious mind. When I look at old religious books I see history and culture but what I don't see is insight, I see nothing that adds depth to humankind's relentless search for knowledge.

Some people need no proof of a deity before they shave their heads and blow up their nuts, but I however do. I need something more substantial than "you can't prove there isn't a God so there must be one." I mean, that might be reassuring to a mind less rigorous or interested in how stuff actually works or is but for me, meh I want a little more mayo on my BLT.

If there is a God or gods, their idea of a relationship with the human race is pretty ****. They tell us nothing new while we pray and pray and pray and re-imagine what the prophets said they said thousands of years ago?

Comment

Working...
                      X