Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest People, Floyd "Money" Mayweather Is The Reason Boxing Has Returned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
    First off, i'm not one of those people who ever thought boxing was dying. It obviously went through a dark patch for a couple of years and it's no coincidence that it's darkest time in recent memory was the 2 years Mayweather was retired.

While he was on hiatus, that gave the UFC room to gain some traction because boxing didnt have any stars capable of filling his shoes. It created this myth that the UFC was taking boxings spot which was swiftly shot down when Mayweather made his return against Marquez. Top Rank and HBO deserve some credit too for using their hype machine to convince people who don't know a lot about the sport that Pacquiao is as good as they claim he is, but clearly Mayweather was the driving force behind boxing making it's comeback.

The timeline of when boxing started "dying" then made it's return fits Mayweathers retirement schedule to a tee. Being the great sportsman that he is, Floyd has never brought it up but the guy deserves credit for almost single handedly putting the spark back into the sport.
    reported for being a nuthugger of epic proportions

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
      The talent disparity between Pac and Floyd will say it all..Floyd is on a level that cant be matched for his era.
      The only best way is for Floyd to fight by fist and not by mouth like a gay Pacman and will see what happend.

All hail for mental breakdown that is Gayweather

Comment

It has never really left. IMO, the promoters did a good job beginning mid-late 2008 with a stronger commitment in bringing the sport back to mainstream. Take a good look at the Super 6, the 3 megafights this year, as well as great fights ex.Marq-Diaz, Berto-Collazo.

Mayweather just jumped back in the mix at the right time. Don't fool yourself. There is really no fighter that can be credited for this jump in boxing interest. But you could make a case for pac better than pbf. His body of work during that time simply cannot be denied ... even by TIME.

Comment

The talent disparity between Pac and Floyd will say it all..Floyd is on a level that cant be matched for his era.
          True, Pac can't hold a candle to what Mayweather brings to the table. This will become apparent to everybody who doubts it when they fight assuming Bob "I have no soul" Arum and Freddie "The Joke Coach" Roach don't pull any tricks to make sure the contract doesnt get signed.

Comment

Originally posted by civicvx View Post
            You are right, when Floyd leaves the sport of boxing dies...LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
            Nah, but it definitely takes a huge blow until a fighter with enough talent and charisma takes his place. Right now there's noone to fill his shoes which is why the 2 years he was retired is considered one of the darkest times in the history of the sport. It's no coincidence that boxing suddently made it's miraculous comeback right around the time he came back.

Comment

True, Pac can't hold a candle to what Mayweather brings to the table. This will become apparent to everybody who doubts it when they fight assuming Bob "I have no soul" Arum and Freddie "The Joke Coach" Roach don't pull any tricks to make sure the contract doesnt get signed.
              What tricks are you talking about?

Comment

the only thing that floyd is gonna bring to the table vs pac is his running....pac will chase that ass all night like a lion to a zebra.....

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
                  i believe you.
                  Yes, me too!

First off Pac is not this vicous power puncher.....lololololololol.

2nd youve never seen Pac throw a punch at 140 pounds.....

NO ONE has been able to back up Ricky. ...not even Floyd...even when Hatton got Ko'd what he was doing COMING FOWARD.....aginst a fighter that can fight equally good off the ropes...going back ward..side to side..coming fowrad..inside outside..Floyd can do it all...dont pretend like Pac can do that.

Hatton will back Manny up....There is nothing that Manny can do to make Hatton take a backwards step...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post
                    actually Flawless,

the rough, dark patch was when AFraid Mayweather jr. & roy jones jr. were p4p kings.
                    Not Flawless. I guarantee.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      What tricks are you talking about?
                      We all know that deep down inside Bob Arum and Freddie "The Joke Coach" Roach don't really think Manny can beat Mayweather. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they really are trying to make a deal but i wouldnt be suprised at all if it was just a front to avoid the backlash of dodging a Mayweather fight. We've seen that snake Bob Arum do things like that in the past.

Comment

Working...
                      X