Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your thoughts on Spence vs Thurman now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
    It does in the fact....OF WHAT SKILLS ARE BEING DISPLAYED......if he just japped algeri to death and won with no other skills....you would have point .....but the boy gave you the whole arsneal....**** what fight were you watching he broke that mother fer's down and khan and pac could not do that
    Ugh!! I can see that it's going to be a waste of time conversing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Thurman's best shot is mid-range imo

Spence can get him in the center since he has the much better jab
      Thurman has no jab Spence could out jab him center ring at distance Thurman would land the sharper punches

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        Ugh!! I can see that it's going to be a waste of time conversing with you.
        boog....i respect your views man......i ain't gonna be that guy...that thinks he knows it all.....just answer what makes you think errol is not foreal? seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
          boog....i respect your views man......i ain't gonna be that guy...that thinks he knows it all.....just answer what makes you think errol is not foreal? seriously?
          I'm not saying he's not the real deal. I'm saying we don't know yet. We don't know how he'll react to getting hit by one of the top guys. We have no clue if he'll be able to dig deep when the going gets tough. Would he be able to go 12 hard rounds vs elite opposition?

We won't know the answers until we actually see him do it. So many prospects have been tripped up in the past by some of these.

Apologies for being short with you btw.

Comment

I will never underestimate Thurman, he prove tonight he has that dog in him (he's a fighter). Spence hasn't proven that yet.

Comment

I think it's a dilemma and one of those things going on with the sport right now at times.

You got guys that are right on the cusp of being not only world level but legit champions, but as a fan, you have to deal with promoter y dealing promoter z, TV networks, and the sanctioning bodies.

The fighters themselves and their teams.

Money involved in a sport that can actually have fatal consequences.

But you also got to realize that there are levels.

I'm going to be patient with Spence.

But I think he has the goods to be "The Man" at WW, and I'd like to see him get a chance prove it sooner rather than fall of 2019 or some shit.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Displaying "skills" vs less than stellar opposition doesn't mean a thing.

He blew out Algieri, which is what I'd expect if you're going to make some noise. Does that mean he's ready for the best at 147? Hard to say.
                Lmao....

Before the fight tonight, porter's biggest win at 147 was against an over the hill malinaggi, and Thurman's was against an equally over the hill Guerrero...IDK who you think Spence needs to fight before he is ready for either of these guys....you guys kill me with that "he's not ready" nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                  Lmao....

Before the fight tonight, porter's biggest win at 147 was against an over the hill malinaggi, and Thurman's was against an equally over the hill Guerrero...IDK who you think Spence needs to fight before he is ready for either of these guys....you guys kill me with that "he's not ready" nonsense
                  Some guys have to prove themselves while others don't have to prove jack.

It's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                    Lmao....

I'd like you to point out the part of my post that said he's not ready. You might need to put some comprehension work in.

Comment

Thurman proved his chin and stamina tonight and that his counters are fast enough to catch a decent fighter. Lot of questions around Spence. I'd take definitely take Thurman until we see something meaningful out of Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X