Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here are the amateur records of some of your favourite professional fighters.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Those are just records of top pros, there are plenty, even more boxers who have similar records but never went pro or made it big
    I know... The one cat who beat GGG had a pretty good record

Comment

Originally posted by jasjas View Post
      Rocky Marciano (9-4)
      Proof that amateur and professional are different sports.

Comment

Lomochenko, ggg, terry Norris were some goons in the amateur ranks

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Lomochenko, ggg, terry Norris were some goons in the amateur ranks
          How about Mark Breland. 6'2 147 with hammers for fists. KO'd majority of fighters he faced

Comment

There's no way to confirm any of this, there is no official amateur record database. Often the records are reported by the fighters themselves.

Broner 300-19? Not sure I believe that one. Lots of others too I'm sure are inflated.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              How about Mark Breland. 6'2 147 with hammers for fists. KO'd majority of fighters he faced
              Yeah breland was like 110-1. Beast of an amateur and had a good pro career but never hit that hearns, srl level that was expected of him

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                There's no way to confirm any of this, there is no official amateur record database. Often the records are reported by the fighters themselves.

Broner 300-19? Not sure I believe that one. Lots of others too I'm sure are inflated.
                True, the number seems very inflated. He went pro at 18 and 320 fights by then doesnt seem real, especially for a guy without a real notable amateur career and a year long jail stint

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Yeah breland was like 110-1. Beast of an amateur and had a good pro career but never hit that hearns, srl level that was expected of him
                  Very true, he was probably the most hyped US and new york fighters ever.

Comment

I just wanna know how did rigo lose 12 times !!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Renal Colic View Post
                      Jesus, I didn't realise De La Hoya had such a good amateur record (223-5).

BTW, I thought SRR was 85-0.
                      http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Su...r_Achievements

"Amateur Record: Usually listed as 85-0 with 69 KOs (40 in the first round) but Robinson lost to Billy Graham and Patsy Pesca under his given name, Walker Smith Jr. "

I think he says in his book he lost too.

Comment

Working...
                      X