Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive Photo: Victor Ortiz training with Freddie Roach @ The Wild Card Gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
    Wait what happened with Mayweather SR.? I thought he had linked up with him.
    2 nut cases linked up together? Even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      2 nut cases linked up together? Even worse.
      Lol true, who knows, maybe that would've made him even more dangerous. Ortiz is good for boxing, he adds drama and excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
        Wait what happened with Mayweather SR.? I thought he had linked up with him.
        Sr couldn't forget the funny image of his son knocking Ortiz out.

Comment

I think Ortiz could benefit from Roach's KISS method because Ortiz does have talent but he certainly utilizes that talent poorly a simpler approach could get more out of him.

That said it is not the most logical choice because you would think he would want to get a bit more defensive but that could also backfire because that just is not what Ortiz is.

Interested to see how that turns out.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            Not sure I like this hook up. Roach is too soft spoken (mainly cause of the Parkinson's) and Ortiz needs somebody who can talk to him and get him mentally stronger.

But good luck to both of them.

freddie roach is a lot of things, but soft spoken is not one of them.

Comment

ortiz jaw still looks swollen.....

no trainer is going to change him at this point. if his style isn't enough he will lose. he's invariably on the downside
              Last edited by New England; 01-29-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I personally think it's a good match.

This might not be a permanent thing like everybody is speculating, Ortiz has been at the Wild Card gym several times in the past. Even sparred Pacquiao, which Roach said was pretty intense.

Comment

Could this be a sign that Pacquiao is going to call it quits after the fifth Marquez fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
                    guy gets his jaw broke and goes to the mike dantoni of boxing???? bad move.
                    if he didnt have beef in oxnard i think he would fit in more over there.
                    LMAO, was thinking the exact same thing. LMAO @ "Mike D'antoni of boxing".

Comment

The right side of his face is twice the size of his left.

Comment

Working...
                      X