No announcement yet.

What size gloves should I train with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size gloves should I train with?

I have 18oz gloves that I do heavy bag and mitt work with. What size do you think is best? Also is 18oz good for sparring?

18oz are nice a padded for sparring. I also use 18oz to train. I feel since they have more pad my hands are safer. I know after I take them off my arms feel super light

Comment

i use 16 oz on the bag sometimes, sometimes 12 oz because i want to focus on technique and speed more than on strength

for sparring always use 16 oz, nothing less

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
        i use 16 oz on the bag sometimes, sometimes 12 oz because i want to focus on technique and speed more than on strength

for sparring always use 16 oz, nothing less
        Since, I'm just starting out and need to get the basics down, would 12oz better suit me?

Comment

yeah definitely. its harder to punch the right way on the bag when you have big gloves on

Comment

i use 12 on the heavy bag and 16 for sparring and mitts

Comment

Where can I buy some decent 12 oz gloves? Ringside only has the 14oz bag gloves and up. Also does weight matter when training with gloves? I'm 240+ trying to cut down 140-160..
              Last edited by prime tyme; 03-15-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

check out title they have good gloves

these rival are pretty dope. theyre 89 bucks not sure if thats too much

http://store.titleboxing.com/rival-e...ag-gloves.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                  check out title they have good gloves

these rival are pretty dope. theyre 89 bucks not sure if thats too much

http://store.titleboxing.com/rival-e...ag-gloves.html
                  Damn I wish you wouldve told me sooner. Just went to Dicks and got some $35 12oz Everlast gloves... lol. It is a real snug fit, I can't use my gels for these going to have to use regular wraps. These seem very flimsy and nowhere near a good padding as those rivals. Going to have to buy them bad boys friday and return these pos.

PS: Going from 18oz to 12oz looks pretty funny to me on my hands but are light as hell like a feather! Btw im 250 and 5'8, so these look like mittens on me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by prime tyme View Post
                    Damn I wish you wouldve told me sooner. Just went to Dicks and got some $35 12oz Everlast gloves... lol. It is a real snug fit, I can't use my gels for these going to have to use regular wraps. These seem very flimsy and nowhere near a good padding as those rivals. Going to have to buy them bad boys friday and return these pos.

PS: Going from 18oz to 12oz looks pretty funny to me on my hands but are light as hell like a feather! Btw im 250 and 5'8, so these look like mittens on me lol.
                    hahaha everlast sucks
                    but youll get your money back. heres a review on the rival gloves btw

http://youtu.be/AS4-k5B6aXw

and yeah thats the great thing about working out with heavy gloves. as soon as you put on the light gloves they'll feel like feathers. but as you get used to the smaller gloves once you put the heavy gloves on they'll feel heavier too
                    gotta get used to both

Comment

Working...
                    X