Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are GBP fighters underpaid or are TR fighters overpaid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Ward is not with Goldenboy or Top Rank
    Yeah I was talking about Edwin Rodriguez. He's with Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Is it a bad thing Haymon makes sure fighters get paid well?
      The OP was inferring the opposite, that they are underpaid.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        You'd have to put that on Haymon, he's the one negotiating their deals.

The bigger names are all well paid on both sides of the fence, it's just the huge gap between those and the less well known names taking home 80-100k.
        Mares only made 25K more than in his last fight before Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          i think the inflated purses boxers receive are the reason they often don't feel compelled to face the best opposition available to them

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            Yeah I was talking about Edwin Rodriguez. He's with Haymon
            He made out like a fat cat.

Comment

Gbp get paid good...specially under Haymons guidance....TR fighters also get paid good but not as good as gbp...bob arum is and always will be a scumbag...just look at all the IRS trouble pacquaio is in and all that funny business with vision quest and koncz....

Comment

GBP has solid under cards, so the cake gets split in to thinner slices. Maidana could've made $3 Million Plus (and not $1.5) if they didn't have Khan-Collazo on their last card.

Regardless Boxing has the heftiest purses in all of combat sports.
                Last edited by Box-Office; 07-20-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Their top guys make about the same amount. I'm not sure who's under or over paid. Broner and Garcia regularly get 500k plus for their fights. Khan a million. Comparable to top ranks second tier.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw King View Post
                    Gbp get paid good...specially under Haymons guidance....TR fighters also get paid good but not as good as gbp...bob arum is and always will be a scumbag...just look at all the IRS trouble pacquaio is in and all that funny business with vision quest and koncz....
                    All of which has NOTHING to do with Arum. Bob is his PROMOTER, not his manager, accountant, financial advisor, or tax attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      All of which has NOTHING to do with Arum. Bob is his PROMOTER, not his manager, accountant, financial advisor, or tax attorney.
                      That's the problem tho. Because Manny allows him to he all those things

Comment

Working...
                      X