Cotto is clearly past prime for a couple of fights now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
    Even if he was in his prime i think cotto would have lost
    Tonight he fought a bigger, stronger, faster, taller fighter who was a southpaw in a division cotto was clearly too small for
    Cotto never did well against southpaws, largely due to the fact that he has no right hand. Got badly stunned against Corley and got a gift stoppage, hurt by judah and resorted to low blows, knocked out by Pacquiao. Even the Quintana fight was competitive.

Cotto should return to WW, thats his natural weightclass.
    Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Trout was too big for Cotto. You Margarito fans might be happy Cotto lost, but Cotto kicked Margaritos ass. Floyd and Trout didn't need plaster to beat Cotto. Cotto has had a fine career. He's lost to the very best. Proud of him. Much respect. **** all you Margarito fans.
      Sad huh, all he thinks about is agendas.

Why you here.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
        He was clearly bigger fighting an old past prime under sized Cotto.

But that trout body shots were quite a game changer.
        That's what the commentary team said. It was the headshots moreso. We've seen Cotto in the fights where he's been more vulnerable to an opponents punching power and he showed all the uncontrolled classic characteristics from the early and mid rounds. Trout's powershots were forcing Cotto to alternately brawl, play possum, and/or force a full retreat. That was a hard to watch as a Cotto admirer. He's lucky Trout wasn't more aggressive. Cotto couldn't tek his ponches. Trout was too big for him.

Comment

If we're all being honest here, Cotto hasn't been the same since the first Marge fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            If we're all being honest here, Cotto hasn't been the same since the first Marge CHEATING
            Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post

He tried to cheat against a cheater. It was a justification for Jones vs Hall.
              I don't deny Margarito tried to cheat. You got NOTHING on that he did it with Cotto though. Floyd waited for Cotto to get his ass whooped so he can go in there and fight him.
              Margarito cheated, and he got banned for cheating. That's what ******* do when they know that they will lose...try to cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                Fixed it for you.
                Of course; the cheating part was self explanatory which is why I didn't post it. Everyone knows except for a few of Marge's insurgents running around boxingscene

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  Sad huh, all he thinks about is agendas.

Why you here.
                  You are a walking ****ing agenda. You hate me because you know I hate you.

Comment

man i personally think Cotto may have just underestimated Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      Margarito cheated, and he got banned for cheating. That's what ******* do when they know that they will lose...try to cheat.
                      But MARGARITO didnt cheat when he made floyd stutter though.

Just being fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X