No announcement yet.

Duran's Most Exciting Fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duran's Most Exciting Fights?

Aside from the obvious ones like Leonard, or Barkley.

DeJesus. Its obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      DeJesus. Its obvious.

I agree. There is nothing more exciting than seeing an all time great who could box and punch at his absolute best.

Comment

Estaban was an outstanding lightweight who defeated an undefeated Duran as Roberto began to climb up the ranks. Dejesus was only defeated by high quality fighters throughout his career! I remember him being 35-0 or something close to that before he lost to Pal Gonzales a very good South American fighter who I think was undefeated at that time also! Ray.

Comment

I would add Buchanan to the fights already posted. Fantastic fight, even if it did end with Duran destroying Ken's testicles.

Comment

duran - minchillo

i dunno about you but this one was exciting to me...

Comment

A few of his latter career fights were fun. The fights against Simms and Ferrera were both good, especially the Ferrera fight. Really shows his savvy, skill, heart, experience etc in that one...as well as his lack of training, lack of size and age against a huge puncher at his best.

Comment

I love his fight against Palomino. Plus Davey Moore, although its not so much a fight as a massacre.

And imo against Dejesus, he was still kinda wild. I prefer him vs Leonard, and his late LW fights when he showed more patience and craft.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  I love his fight against Palomino. Plus Davey Moore, although its not so much a fight as a massacre.

And imo against Dejesus, he was still kinda wild. I prefer him vs Leonard, and his late LW fights when he showed more patience and craft.
                  He was pretty controlled in that third fight with DeJesus, don't you think?

Comment

Duran's Most Exciting Fights?

Aside from Leonard and Barkley, I'd say (in random order)...
                    • The DeJesus Trilogy
                    • Davey Moore*
                    • Ken Buchanan
                    • Lou Bizarro**
                    • Ray Lampkin
                    • Carlos Palomino
                    • Leoncio Ortiz
                    • Pipino Cuevas
                    • Ishimatsu Suzuki
                    • Monroe Brooks
                    • Hector Thompson

*His most incremental, thorough and methodical dismantling of a myth. I've watched this more often than any other.

**Classic predator vs prey match is a perfect metaphor for action on the plains of the Serenghetti where Lions roam...
                    Last edited by Panamaniac; 12-01-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X