No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Vanes, Lara Nearly Rumble at The Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Vanes, Lara Nearly Rumble at The Weigh-In

Ryan Burton catches the official weigh-in for the HBO televised doubleheader at the Wynn in Las Vegas. Watch the tense weigh-in between junior middleweights Vanes Martirosyan and Erislandy Lara, and featherweights Mikey Garcia and Jonathan Barros make weight. [Click Here To Read More]

Fuk ya... war Vanes!!! this is gona be beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by VanesBoxing View Post
      Is Vanes still coach by that guy Edmund? or does he have a new trainer now?

Comment

Man, I have to admit...I know all this stuff is staged for effect, but it does the trick...I'm hyped! Guerra Laaaara!!

Comment

Originally posted by VanesBoxing View Post
          someone gonna get there chin checked! is that you arguing with the cuban guy in the video?

Comment

People keep talking **** on Vanes, but these guy has fought some of the top guys when he was in the ammys and he even dominated and dropped a couple of them like Austin Trout, he also beat Tim Bradley, the guy just never got a big shot because he has no fan base. If he was Mexican and had millions of fans which comes with the mexican fanbase when you are a good boxer, he would have gotten a shot early. Same goes for the Cubans just like the Armenians they have it hard, since they dont bring in fans promoters dont take chances investing in them. Pacquiao was rejected by bob arum when he first came here and said there is no filipino fan base, but when Arum saw thousands of pinoys watching Pacquiao against Marquez in 2004 he started to see that Pacman was a real draw and decided to chase him.

Comment

Uffff..I can't wait..this gonne be awesome!!!!!

Comment

Lara TKO5. Although I'm hyped due to the magnitude of this fight on paper, Lara is just on another level IMO, nothing against Vanes, but he's a B level fighter IMO, and hasn't faced the same level of opposition that Lara has. Badly struggling and getting dropped by the likes of a badly faded Ouma and a journeyman in Roman should be clear signs of what's to come. Given Lara's early firepower that he's showed in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if Vanes given his shaky chin, gets sparked in inside 2 rounds. But I think he'll last a bit longer, and fight as hard as he can, but will just be outclassed. Could be wrong, but I doubt it, Vanes just isn't a very good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                  Lara TKO5. Although I'm hyped due to the magnitude of this fight on paper, Lara is just on another level IMO, nothing against Vanes, but he's a B level fighter IMO, and hasn't faced the same level of opposition that Lara has. Badly struggling and getting dropped by the likes of a badly faded Ouma and a journeyman in Roman should be clear signs of what's to come. Given Lara's early firepower that he's showed in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if Vanes given his shaky chin, gets sparked in inside 2 rounds. But I think he'll last a bit longer, and fight as hard as he can, but will just be outclassed. Could be wrong, but I doubt it, Vanes just isn't a very good fighter.
                  i just can't forget lara practically out on his feet vs grady brewer plus his loss to molina. even freddy hernandez gave him some problems. i got this fight 50-50

Comment

Can't wait for tomorrow night should be a good fight. I feel like martirosyan will fail miserably but it's possible the two could have a war.

Comment

Working...
                    X