Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just deadlifted 505

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, numerous high school/colleges players easily squatting over 700 and cleaning over 400? I call bull****. Not even the top Division 1 programs can make those claims.

Secondly, my injuries had nothing to do with lifting, I didn't even lift when I got them. Herp derp.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
      First off, numerous high school/colleges players easily squatting over 700 and cleaning over 400? I call bull****. Not even the top Division 1 programs can make those claims.
      When did I say "numerous", or "high school", dummy? I said "teammates". A couple of guys were putting up those numbers. Didn't say a lot. But my lifts in college were most definitely average to below-average on my team.

Comment

^So, you squatted 500 for reps and were average/below-average?

Why even lie? It's an internet forum.

Comment

^So, you squatted 500 for reps and were average/below-average?

Why even lie? It's an internet forum.
          For an O-tackle? Extremely below-average.

Comment

Just wondering: What school did you play for?

Comment

Just wondering: What school did you play for?
              D3 program called Wabash College.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                Don't pay any mind to S Bleeder. He is in fact an idiot. At least when it comes to anything training related.
                I looked through all seven pages of your posts in this section... and couldn't find one about boxing. Just stuff about lifting, eating, and getting "swole".

What's your boxing resume? Because right now I don't really see a need to have a lick of respect for the likes of you.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  I looked through all seven pages of your posts in this section... and couldn't find one about boxing. Just stuff about lifting, eating, and getting "swole".

What's your boxing resume? Because right now I don't really see a need to have a lick of respect for the likes of you.
                  Clearly someone who supposedly went to college, should be able to read. If you haven't noticed this section is marked training and nutrition. Not specifically boxing skills training. People ask questions according to what I have knowledge of and I give answers.

You don't have any knowledge in the area of which I do and you're an e-statting liar on top of it. Yet you continue to badger other users and give opinions according to your "expertise" which by the way is only your personal experience, and proceed to apply it to everyone. I.E. if it didn't work for me and if I have no use for it, neither do you.

Nobody cares what your record is, nobody cares how much stronger you are or how faster you happen to be or how many less injuries you have sustained because you no longer lift weights as part of your training. Still you desperately try to prove your point by pointing out a few other boxers who have had success not doing so. When there are tons of athletes and boxers who have.

If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you. Although I'm reserved to the notion that it probably would work for you, only you just don't know what the hell you're doing. And if you've sustained injuries lifting, it was likely your fault. But don't try to pass your word of mouth bro-science off as fact.

Again, this is a training and nutrition section. It's general. If someone wants to talk about their deadlift, they can. So stop crying.

Comment

D3 program called Wabash College.
                    Well, I have a friend who plays at Mount Union (a.k.a the most dominant football program in the NCAA the past decade and a half), and I've worked out with lots of the guys. The strongest squatter I have ever seen on there is Goff, he can squat around 530. Heaviest bencher hit 375. Same kid.

I'm not a ****ing idiot, I've been around top-tier Florida athletes my whole life. You're bull****ting.

This thread is about DEADLIFTING. This thread literally has nothing to do with boxing, but TRAINING.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      I have dealt with this for years. For some reason people get extremely defensive on this forum when you bring up weightlifting in regards to training for boxing. It's obvious that they never lift or aren't very strong and become self conscious when other people bring it up.

it's the little guys

it's hard to imagine what it must be like to pass off a jar to a stronger man so he can open it for you. that's what women do.

Comment

Working...
                      X