Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs. Juan Manuel Marquez in Late 2012???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan vs. Juan Manuel Marquez in Late 2012???

Would anyone like to see this fight. If Pac and Bradley fight the rematch, which seems the most likely, and if Ortiz and Alvarez do actually fight in September, this would be a great fight.

Marquez is past his prime, but he can obviously still fight, is one of the Top P4P fighters in the world.

If Khan gets past Garcia, I would not mind seeing this fight. Khan would benefit HUGE if he were to beat Marquez. And Marquez would add a really good win on his resume, and it would make a demand for him to get a big fight in Spring 2013.

fuck that fight

marquez is way too small
    it wouldnt have a damn thing to do with how good the fighters are
    it wouldn't even be a question of age. marquez is just way too small.

Comment

It to me would be a great spectacle. However i dont know if you have noticed but Khan has avoided combination punchers. one part of me says khan would win with his speed and jab but if Marquez can deal with manny's speed and power then dealing with Khan's shouldnt be a problem. Marquez would win imo, so bad fight for amir to take.

Comment

Marquez seriously wants none of khan, he has been offered the fight 3 times, the paulie, judah and peterson fights where all offered to marquez, and he refused, the funny thing is he was considering the peterson fight, i guess he feels khan is a bad style match up for him,

I doubt it ever happens, would be a war for sure though.

Comment

I don't see how Marquez could win, as much as I would love to see him pull if off. Marquez is too old to be chasing down fighters with Khan's attributes, it's not like Khan will give him much to counter off or be in range. It's not in Marquez style to be the aggressor, that's out of his element and he looks uncomfortable doing it. Marquez is every bit better than Khan technically but at this stage in his career I don't see him pulling this off.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            fuck that fight

marquez is way too small
            If Marquez can fight at 140-144, he can fight Amir Khan then. Khan is 5'10'', Marquez is 5'7''. Marquez weighed 142 and 140 his last two fights, Khan is still at 140.

I know size is different then just those numbers obviously, but I really don't see why Marquez can't go for a big fight like this, instead of another "tune up" in Mexico.

Comment

the real question here is who would capone-e walk into the ring?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                fuck that fight

marquez is way too small
                Same, more due to Marquez's age and lack of size more than anything.

Comment

Khan hurts my main man Marquez.

Comment

marquez will keep fighitng fedechenkos and katsidis type fights unitl he get his pac fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X