No announcement yet.

Past prime double standard (Cotto)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    The guy you tried to shame because you were rightfully called out as a fanboy. The amount of crying that you have been doing in the last 30 minutes alone, there is absolutely no way in hell that you aren't a Martinez fanboy or atleast a Cotto hater. Considering this post just shows that you are guilty of the latter, I would be willing to stop seeing you as a pathetic worm of a fanboy if you just admit to be a Cotto hater. There is definitely an agenda on your part, either way.

WHat's funny is the way Martinez fans have completely changed their tone after the fight. I vividly remember the massive amount of fanboys who predicted a shutout or brutal stoppage win for Martinez. Now that the opposite happened, they want to act like they knew this would happen all along.
    Personally I predicted Martinez would win easy if he had 2 good knees. Well he didnt.

Comment

WHat's funny is the way Martinez fans have completely changed their tone after the fight. I vividly remember the massive amount of fanboys who predicted a shutout or brutal stoppage win for Martinez. Now that the opposite happened, they want to act like they knew this would happen all along.
      No one could have known how bad his knees were going to be until the fight started. How could anyone have known? We could have guessed. I thought it'd be problematic but I didn't think he'd move so terribly.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Look, let's stop making excuses, Cotto won and I'm a massive fan of both guys. Was Martinez less than a 100%? Hell yeah! Anyone who denies it is a liar or a ****tard.

Did Cotto make history and look damn good? Hell yeah! Anyone who denies it is a liar and a ****tard.
        Amen. Neither man was what they were 10 years ago. Cotto looked good and sharp. I wouldn't say he's the same animal he was at 140, that Cotto was scary.

Comment

How many unwashed hippies have called me a "hater" now? Is that even an insult in your flipflop wearing stoner culture?

I don't love and adore men, I like to watch boxing, that fight was garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
            How many unwashed hippies have called me a "hater" now? Is that even an insult in your flipflop wearing stoner culture?

I bet you would have credited this fight as a massively inspirational showing of a warrior if a limping Martinez managed to land a KO punch. You pathetic worm of a fanboy.

But that didn't happen, FACE PLANT happened, and thus your behavior post fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post

Agree with bold.

Comment

Cotto is more worn than sergio but you can see why hes a hofer. he fights everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  No one could have known how bad his knees were going to be until the fight started. How could anyone have known? We could have guessed. I thought it'd be problematic but I didn't think he'd move so terribly.
                  Well, the fanboys were in a perfect position.

They had an excuse build in long before the fight.

So they could just make the boldest and most one sided predictions out there.

And if they were embarassingly wrong on fight night who cares? They could just cry about the injury excuses. That's how it has gone down.

Comment

Seriously, the guy has been spamming up to 20 threads with the same crying posts in like the last hour I've been here, most of them were even off topic, it's all just "waa Martinez was crippled". Lebanon needs some of this
                    Well he came in with braces both knees

I blame Martinez coach for allowing this fight to happen, you should be able to tell If your fighters is the same guy the first few weeks into training and their is no way he could of thought his movement in the ring was good enough haha.

Martinez is a guy of little excuses and he made none but he was fighting with a major disadvantage, he should retire at 39yo he wont reclaim that form be happy it was Cotto that was in the ring and not GGG, It wouldn't of lasted one round if it was Gennady.

Comment

Martinez is six years older, has fought almost 100 more rounds (professionally), and relies more on his reflexes and mobility. Cotto has suffered a lot of facial damage, while Martinez has been suffering from bone/joint damage. Cotto has tightened up defensively so he doesn't suffer more bruising/lacerations, but what can Sergio do to help his problem? Nothing. Sergio's style just has a shorter shelf life, and last night he completely deteriorated live on PPV.

Essentially...Cotto is past-prime, while Sergio is clearly faded. Every star burns out eventually, and it looks like Sergio's tank is close to empty. It's possible that the layoff and hellacious 1st round made him look worse than he really was. He has one more fight left on his HBO contract, so maybe he'll look better next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X