late-term abortion doctor killed in Kansas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
    So whats your answer to my question?
    At 7-8 months does she have the right to abort a foetus on a whim? I think she would find it legally challenging. It would also be an extremely risky and painful operation. And it's an extremely unlikely position, given that 99.92% of all abortions are carried out before 24 weeks.

I think you're stretching in order to make a cheap point. I would hazard a guess that any abortion performed at 28 - 34 weeks would be an anomaly and would be done only to save the life of the mother.

http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0543.htm

This has a whole lot of reasons women gave for having an abortion, and also why they had a late term abortion. The overwhelming majority having an abortion past 20 weeks do so because they didn't realise they were pregnant. And don't forget that this makes up just 1% of all abortions performed.

Comment

You guys are so sensitive. Lol..

The baby wasn't born. The baby could not conceive it's own existence or reality.

The baby OBVIOUSLY would not be missed, since it's creator wanted it iced. So that baby didn't need to unnecessarily be brought into this world.

Murder my fuckin ass.. That isn't murder. That is mercy.

Comment

to me, abortion is wrong and is a terrible, terrible thing. however, people need to stop pretending as if they have a RIGHT to what a woman does with her body. that is her ****ing business so dont worry about it

also, anyone who thinks this guy getting killed is "ok" has some serious ****ing issues and maybe they shouldve been aborted. this man was a doctor, people WENT to him. its not as if he went around hitting random pregnant women in the stomach with a lead pipe

(this coming from a father)

some of you people need to reserve judgement and worry about your kid when/if you have one

Comment

2 wrongs dont make a right.

If u kill all the late term abortionists many women and youg girls will take it into their own hands and end up killing themselves.

The world is over populated anyway.

People protesting abortion should spend their time caring for all the millions of orphans and kids in care homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
            2 wrongs dont make a right.

If u kill all the late term abortionists many women and youg girls will take it into their own hands and end up killing themselves.

The world is over populated anyway.

People protesting abortion should spend their time caring for all the millions of orphans and kids in care homes.
            This is another point I missed: While falling over themselves to say "THOSE SLUTS SHOULD JUST PUT THERE (sic) KIDS UP FOR ADOPTION" these compassionate souls are neglecting the many thousands of kids that are in the care of the state because such homes are not forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              This is another point I missed: While falling over themselves to say "THOSE SLUTS SHOULD JUST PUT THERE (sic) KIDS UP FOR ADOPTION" these compassionate souls are neglecting the many thousands of kids that are in the care of the state because such homes are not forthcoming.
              Yeah, pro-life people are fucking idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                Hell no he didn't deserve to get murdered. People came to him to do what he does, he didn't go to them. Those women made choices to have their child aborted and they have to deal with that the rest of their lives. To blame a doctor for this and actually killing him is just straight up crazy.
                He deserved to get killed, if he is going to claim that he is Christian and serve as an usher in Church then there is no reason for him to pick a profession such as abortion.

That is equivalent to me serving as a priest while my day job is to be a mafiaso.
                He didnt get killed just because he was an abortion doctor, he got killed because he was a hypocrite and that probably pissed off a lot of people.

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                Two totally different things. What that doctor does is actually legal and he has offices that people can go to and get his services. As far as I know being a hitman isn't legal and they don't have offices around town that you can go to for their services. I mean did I really have to explain that?
                Just because it is legal does not make it right. If cocaine, heroin, and acid became legal tomorrow it does not mean that selling or using such drugs is right.

Im sure he did not get killed just for being a late term abortion performer, but more so that he was performing abortions while at the same time calling himself a Christian and serving as an usher in church. As a Christian such a thing would a person.
                Last edited by Enayze; 06-01-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                  He deserved to get killed, if he is going to claim that he is Christian and serve as an usher in Church then there is no reason for him to pick a profession such as abortion.

That is equivalent to me serving as a priest while my day job is to be a mafiaso.
                  He didnt get killed just because he was an abortion doctor, he got killed because he was a hypocrite and that probably pissed off a lot of people.

Just because it is legal does not make it right. If cocaine, heroin, and acid became legal tomorrow it does not mean that selling or using such drugs is right.

Im sure he did not get killed just for being a late term abortion performer, but more so that he was performing abortions while at the same time calling himself a Christian and serving as an usher in church. As a Christian such a thing would a person.
                  Because Christians hate hypocrites right?

Comment

A late term abortion is defined as any abortion that is performed past the 20th week of pregnancy. A full term of pregnancy is 37 - 42 weeks in general, so late term is anything past about the halfway point. Suggesting that all late term abortions are 7-8 months of pregnancy is basically a lie.

A definition for late term has not been medically agreed upon however, some sources put late term at 13 weeks, others at 16 weeks. The Journal of American Medical Associations put the definition at the third trimester or 27 weeks.

In the United States around 10% of abortions are performed over the 12 week mark while the figure for over 20 weeks is around 1%. This image of hundreds of thousands of women with huge bellies full of babies getting them sucked out of themselves is a myth perpetuated deliberately to muddy the waters and cause outrage.

On the subject of viability in human pregnancies almost all pregnancies are viable after 27 weeks, none are viable before 20 weeks and anything in between is a grey area.

It is unknown how many women have abortions past certain viability (statistics are not kept for this figure) but an estimate in 1997 but the Gutmacher institute puts the figure at .08% of abortions past 24 weeks.

Almost 60% of abortions are carried out in the first 8 weeks.
                    By that logic a baby is less than a baby at 3 weeks than he or she is at 6 weeks. Are we less human at 1 years of age compared to 10 or 20? We constantly grow and then deteriorate. Its a constant development and therefore it is no different within a mothers stomach.

With that said, I am pro choice because no ones free will should be taken away, but personally its a sick tradition practiced for ages, and now legal based on how society has degraded itself.

Comment

Because Christians hate hypocrites right?
                      God hates hypocrites, and if you are a Christian you are supposed to try and live up to His nature.

Comment

Working...
                      X