Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good majors/degrees that aren't math or science.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had not one math course in three years of anthropological studies.

Comment

Literature/Modern Languages/History/Politics/Philosophy?

You could become a writer, journalist. Maybe even teach English, History or languages?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Literature/Modern Languages/History/Politics/Philosophy?

You could become a writer, journalist. Maybe even teach English, History or languages?
        But how much do those jobs pay?

Comment

how about law?

Comment

I'm not sure exactly, Obviously things like Writing pay depending on how good you are at it.

Teaching is generally a nice job, decent money, good holidays, safe workplace etc. Like everything though, your money is dependent on what level you teach to.
            Over here in Britian Primary(early) teaching has a lower pay grade than high school teaching, you get more money still if you work in a private school.

If you really become good at your field, you could even become a college professor, I think they make very good money but I'm not certain.

There's also obviously Political analysts for various news corporations where you could combine Politics and Literature.

I'm not sure I'm just brainstorming here, it's not a problem I've ever discussed or dealt with before.

Comment

Does Psychology need Maths?
              There's also Physiology.

Comment

A lot of the ones that posters on here have mentioned already are science-based majors.

However, like Barnburner has mentioned, I think something like teaching (obviously not maths or sciences) would probably be your best bet. I don't know how serious your condition is, but the reality of today's working world is that you should at least be able to do simple algebra (pretty much regardless of what field you're in).

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                  The guy said he isn't all up there (brain injury) and you wanna advise him to pursue a degree in Accounting?
                  If you can count up to 10 you can do accounting.
                  It's more about following rules, not solving engineer like equations or building a project for NASA. Also, using a calculator is mandatory on exams and class. Put it like this, if you could use a calculator, you could do accounting.

Even without a brain injury, i'm not all up there in the head when it comes to math. I'm always the dumbest one in my math class. I'm still taking remedial math[Elementary Algebra], yet i'm already in a level 2 class in Accounting, level 2 class in English, and basically i'm straight A or A- in anything other than math. Accounting is nothing like "solve for x if x = -15 to the 3rd power, and y=1,000,000, figure out the mass of the sun". Nothing like that at all.

Comment

Criminal Justice is also an option. It's an underwater basket weaving degree, but it has the least math possible of any degree that I know.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
                      A lot of the ones that posters on here have mentioned already are science-based majors.

However, like Barnburner has mentioned, I think something like teaching (obviously not maths or sciences) would probably be your best bet. I don't know how serious your condition is, but the reality of today's working world is that you should at least be able to do simple algebra (pretty much regardless of what field you're in).
                      I guess I'm doomed to be a failure.

What do you mean simple algebra?

Comment

Working...
                      X