Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Olympic Medal P4P List! Australia on Top!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK had 557 Olympian's which is quite a lot.
    China 379 and look how well they did. Nearly 200 less than US.
    US 534. Wow almost as much as the host nation and no Boxing Gold's. Well one woman.. lol
    Australia 414 which is quite a lot.

P4P in that list, China tops it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/data...etes-full-list
    Last edited by OlympicGlory; 08-17-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      & lmfaaoooo at australia p4p...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/su...ngs/index.html

/thread.
      That's a total tally dumbass... you must try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
        What you said was nothing to do with what I said.

So what if Britain had more entrants, that has nothing to do with what the table was about dumbass. Also that does not mean you automatically get medals either, you still have to work for them.

P4P

Australia > GB > US. That's why you ignore my reply to your post. You see that by Population, the US suck pretty bad.
        How does number of athletes participating not have to do with the table? It has more to do with the Olympics than total population does.

Countries are limited in the amount of athletes they can send, which subsequently limits the amount of medals they can win. Great Britian had the most athletes competing and failed to win the most or even second most medals.

This must be that great metric system we hear about.

So if we throw out all the countries that disprove your argument, make a chart. UK and Australia is best!!! #britishinferioritycomplex

Real Olympic Medal Per Capita Rankings:

Top five: Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Slovenia and Denmark.

Bottom five: India, Indonesia, Egypt, Turkey and Algeria.

At least those countries have won medals, which is more than Pakistan (179 million), Nigeria (162 million), Bangladesh (142 million), Philippines (92 million) and Vietnam (87 million) can say.
        Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 08-17-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          How does number of athletes participating not have to do with the table? It has more to do with the Olympics than total population does.

Countries are limited in the amount of athletes they can send, which subsequently limits the amount of medals they can win. Great Britian had the most athletes competing and failed to win the most or even second most medals.

This must be that great metric system we hear about.
          So it's all about how many enter now huh.
          If that is the case, and population doesn't matter, then why did you mention population:

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Track hasn't even started yet. Don't get too excited just because the Chinese are winning golds in crap like juggling, shoe shining and human pyramid.

Even if China does end with the highest medal count, no shame in that. They've enslaved a population and forced them into all these various athletics from a very young age. They should be winning.
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...n#post12388664

Comment

That's a total tally dumbass... you must try harder.
            scoreboard b*tch.

keep looking up.

Comment

Very ignorant thread and very ignorant ass backwards thinking. So because Australia has a smaller population, they deserve to be p4p king.......Who's to say if they had more people that they would be as successful as the United States? Population size does not make athletes. I've always hated this thought process because it's all assumption. Good athletes make good athletes.

Comment

I see you edited a real medal list which is great. Those countries are tiny and have done very well. Wa Gwan Jamaica.

However as I stated, the video only talks about the top 10 medallists, and he worked those out. What is the confusion?

So out of the top 10, yes, I will repeat to make it easy for you, the top 10 finishes in the medal tables, that is the order of P4P.

Comment

I see you edited a real medal list which is great. Those countries are tiny and have done very well. Wa Gwan Jamaica.

However as I stated, the video only talks about the top 10 medallists, and he worked those out. What is the confusion?

So out of the top 10, yes, I will repeat to make it easy for you, the top 10 finishes in the medal tables, that is the order of P4P.

pick a year keep looking up. Scoreboard b*tch.

BOHICA baby.

Bend over here it comes again.

Comment

Are you one of those guys that cries about Puerto Rico being a great boxing nation and on par with Mexico, simply because it's small?

PR is a great boxing nation but get off your high horse and your excuses. You sound like a baby dude. Step your game up if you want to compete with the top nations. Stop using population and size as your excuse as to why you can't get it done. The UK when it comes to sports if far behind America on the world stage of athletics and as for other sports like soccer it is laughable at how far behind they are of other nations. Crybabies always trying to look for an excuse smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      Very ignorant thread and very ignorant ass backwards thinking. So because Australia has a smaller population, they deserve to be p4p king.......Who's to say if they had more people that they would be as successful as the United States? Population size does not make athletes. I've always hated this thought process because it's all assumption. Good athletes make good athletes.
                      Population can affect chances of getting better athletes, but it's only one part of the story.

If you get 100 people to train, to 1000, chances are, you will get better boxers in the 1000 than the 100. It is not 100% always going to be right, you may have an Ali in the 100, but you may have an Ali, Foreman and Frazier in the 1000.

Training facilities and other things affect it hugely too.

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      scoreboard b*tch.

keep looking up.
                      What about it? Not much interests me, I never got to see much of other Olympics while I did London 2012.

Comment

Working...
                      X