Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six-year-old girl handcuffed and arrested for throwing tantrum at Georgia elementary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    Police have the authority, teachers do not....
    psshh... wed get struck and hit with yard sticks and brooms by our teachers in the philippines back in my elementary days ..

americas too sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      You're referring to the Zimmerman case again. This girl was not arrested she was detained, just like Zimmerman was. The two cases are not really comparable.
      Did she go with the police on her own accord?

She was in handcuffs.

Which would lead me to believe it was not on her own accord.

Can police in America just pick up individuals against their will in handcuffs without having to arrest them?

And she was charged at the station with assault and damaged to property.

And yes the two case are not comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        psshh... wed get struck and hit with yard sticks and brooms by our teachers in the philippines back in my elementary days ..

americas too sensitive.
        If only the US would physically assault young students with cleaning implements, then the streets of America can be as safe and prosperous as those of Manila.

Did she go with the police on her own accord?

She was in handcuffs.
        Zimmerman was also in handcuffs.

Charging her is somewhat stupid but again I'm not familiar with the case so it's difficult to ascertain how stupid it was.

Comment

Gotta go with Kaps, Midnight, and Meat on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
            Damn this is a stupid ass post.....

We don't know why the kid spazzed, since I didn't read anything saying she does this all the time.

A teacher will not lose their job restraining a child for their/everyone's safety, particularly a 6 year old FIRST GRADE GIRL.

I'm sure her parents woulda got in her little ass when they got home...IF THEIR CHILD WASN'T TREATED LIKE A COMMON CRIMINAL and taken to JAIL for being a 6 year old.

"Simply placed in hand cuffs and drivin to the police station. Like a mini scared straight program."

There IS no 'SIMPLY' placed in cuffs for a 6yr old who didn't commit a crime - and a scared straight program needs parental consent.

Sounds like a bunch of out of touch educators at a charter school (with a VERY ****GENOUS student count) who assume the worst and really don't care about the kids.
            I worked a school district for 5 years dude, dealt with kids from k-12. We can't touch them. Only in a case to stop them from hurting themselves or others can we do anything and most of the time there are campus police at the middle/high schools that are the only ones allowed to do it. Hitting people and breaking **** isn't a crime anymore? BRB!

Comment

Any cop who hand cuff any 6 year old kin of mine loses his badge.

Comment

Working...
              X