Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny PAcquiao versus Joel Casamayor at 130, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Not necessarily
    Oh sorry, I forgot to mention when he fights punching bags as well.

Comment

Originally posted by s h a r k b o y View Post
      oh sorry, i forgot to mention when he fights punching bags as well.

ok?????????

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        ok?????????
        Joshua Clottey? Didn't knock him out but won the decision?

I thought you considered yourself Bert Sugar Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
          Joshua Clottey? Didn't knock him out but won the decision?

I thought you considered yourself Bert Sugar Jr.
          I know what you talking about but I didn't know Clottey was a very smart boxer counter punching/technical skill ala Casa. That is what we were talking about. You just went a whole other direction.

@ Bert Sugar Jr.... Never do I consider myself that highly. Hell I don't even consider myself TheGreatA Jr. Both Sugar and the Manchine would forget more about boxing then I could ever learn.

Comment

Am more impress with the Pacquiao at higher weight than the one that fought at the lower weight, I would slightly favour Casa over manny at 130...Anything over 135 Pac destroys casa.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post
              There's a reason that cliche's become cliche's. There's usually an element of truth.
              which truth? the truth that people can and will always try to rip a boxer's resume apart if they don't like them, particularly if that fighter just happens to beat some of their heroes/legends/favorites? or the fact that if for some reason you beat or are close to beating all odds, the same group of people will now try to call foul play without proof and list all your achievements as though they were proof enough of your supposed cheating?

Was morales prime in either pac victory? Was Diaz a top LW? Was Oscar weight drained? Was Cotto at a catchweight? Was Clottey an eleite fighter?
              morales may not be prime on his first 2 matches with pac but he certainly wasn't shot either, he was more than a live opponent. diaz was already planned before and sure you can call it a tune-up if you want, or is pac not allowed to have them?

i know i am arguing semantics, but no dlh wasn't exactly weightdrained . sure it's pretty convenient to use such a word but if you really want to discredit the win, you may as well say oscar "failed to rehydrate" which is completely different from being weight drained.

the fight with cotto did take place at a catchweight (which cotto's team offered in the first place), so what? does this take most of the credit of the fight? i am one of the people who wanted the fight to take place at 147, but my reason was so that pac can get the belt without any dispute. pac fighting cotto at 145 was completely fine with me considering that is his 7th weight division to climb, my beef was entirely about the belt, not the weight.

define your classification of elite. all i know is that clottey was on the top 5 boxers in the division when pac fought him, and let's say it was indeed a tune-up fight, do you think it was a terrible thing to do particularly after giving the fans big fights, after big fights just a few years ago without retiring?

I'm not saying that those are excuses. they are not. All a fighter can do is beat the guy in front of him...and pac did that. But don't ask people not to notice.
              people will notice stuffs limited not to just one side, biased people will notice what they want to notice, simple people will notice what others say they notice.
              Last edited by ummeed; 05-31-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X