Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just watched mayweather/jmm 24-7 episode 3... the mayweathers have no strategy...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just watched mayweather/jmm 24-7 episode 3... the mayweathers have no strategy...

the mayweather straight up said they don't go into fight w/ strategies. they don't watch tape.

on a positive note: that just speaks to floyd's ring intelligence... to be able to adjust in the ring without knowledge of his opponent, other than casually watching their fights on hbo or something without careful study.

on a negative note: if floyd and his team just take time to study video of his opponents, floyd would be smashing mofos a lot easier. for instance... team floyd never caught onto the fact that hatton cocks his left hook before throwing it while roach caught onto it and planned for it. imho, floyd could've KOed hatton under 3 if his team studies tape.

like I've been saying all along, if you want to work on the pads or on your defense, go w/ 1 of the mayweather bros. if you want tactics and strategy, the best are roach and maybe nacho.

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    the mayweather straight up said they don't go into fight w/ strategies. they don't watch tape.

on a positive note: that just speaks to floyd's ring intelligence... to be able to adjust in the ring without knowledge of his opponent, other than casually watching their fights on hbo or something without careful study.

on a negative note: if floyd and his team just take time to study video of his opponents, floyd would be smashing mofos a lot easier. for instance... team floyd never caught onto the fact that hatton cocks his left hook before throwing it while roach caught onto it and planned for it. imho, floyd could've KOed hatton under 3 if his team studies tape.

like I've been saying all along, if you want to work on the pads or on your defense, go w/ 1 of the mayweather bros. if you want tactics and strategy, the best are roach and maybe nacho.
    I said that the other day lol...I used to think he was lying but I believe he doesn't really watch tape...Roger might tho

Floyd notices and takes advantages of your weaknesses while he's in there with you...

It aint always pretty but he gets the job done...probably another reason why he had no answer for Castillo the first time except to move...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
      I said that the other day lol...I used to think he was lying but I believe he doesn't really watch tape...Roger might tho

Floyd notices and takes advantages of your weaknesses while he's in there with you...

It aint always pretty but he gets the job done...probably another reason why he had no answer for Castillo the first time except to move...
      actually now that I recall, team mayweather does watch tape... they got video of n'dou and knew n'dou's jab could be countered with the lead right hand.

and roger has to watch tape to get the right sparring partners right??

maybe roger and floyd are just trying to throw us off.

Comment

Roger may watch tape but I don't think Floyd does...

Comment

floyd doesn't watch tapes, but he does watch live fights...that should count..

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

bul**** they have same strategy all their fights.

HIT AND RUN,

Comment

Roger does I think, probably not on Floyd. Roger and Ellerbe probably tell Floyd what he has to do to beat the dude.

Still if Mayweather watched tapes, he'd probably have beaten DLH easier and Hatton easier.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleSam View Post
                bul**** they have same strategy all their fights.

HIT AND RUN,
                And Pacquiao has the same strategy...throw a lotta punches hopping in and out...

Comment

i dont believe it .

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                    Here's the deal. A modern boxing team demands a lot of professionalism. There should be someone on the team who coordinates logistics, etc. I don't see or trust anyone on the Mayweather team to secure an archive of the opponent's fights on DVD, and then edit those down. Who would do that?

If you have Shelly Finkel as your manager, someone in his office can do that. I trust Joe Goossen to get those tapes. I do not trust Roger to do that. I think Roger watches fights when they happen. And being knowledgeable about the sport, he picks up 100x faster than you or me. But i don't think he "studies" tape like Roach would.

Ellerbe is the most capable guy on that team. But he is busy as hell. Floyd needs to replace two of his bodyguards with a personal assistant, and a young, go-getter production-assistant type person.

Comment

Working...
                    X