No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch-Groves: Hearn Aims To Extend Wembley To 80,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Yes the record is 70k to watch Jack Doyle vs Jack Peterson. (some reports say it was as high as 90k though)
    I haven't heard the name Jack Doyle since I was a kid. I met him after he was finished with boxing, a real boozehound. Ruined what could have been a world champ. His parents worked for my grandfather, they both came from Cork. Also he used to sing concerts in The Theatre Royal in Dublin 3500 seats. The owners The Elliman Family and my parents were close friends, and we had free admission there. He had a very nice voice and sometimes sang a song after a fight. He was nicknamed the "Irish Thrush".

Booze eventually killed him, ruined himself and his wives except those who managed to get away from him like Movita.

Comment

80,000!!

There's going to loads of fights in the crowd! I don't see point of sitting so far!

Comment

Originally posted by StillAlive2k View Post
        80,000!!

There's going to loads of fights in the crowd! I don't see point of sitting so far!
        There are apparently going to be a lot big screens up but I know what you mean, I've been to a concert once far away from the stage. At least the ring would be in the centre of the stadium unlike a concert, that wouldn't be so bad.

Comment

There's going to loads of fights in the crowd!
          Definitely! With how intense the rivalry is, and the fact its a bit of a north vs south thing, there will be untold fights all over Wembley stadium...

Comment

what do tickets cost?

and are any of you limeys *cough* brits going?

Comment

80,000!!

you can always watch the fight in HD later on.

being in the building has intrinsic value. you'll never forget being there.

Comment

im willing to fly all the way from america to be in the building. thats an experience that comes once in a lifetime. if i can just get my hands on 1 of the remaining 20k tickets...i hope that i can

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  what do tickets cost?

and are any of you limeys *cough* brits going?
                  £30, £50, £100 for non-ringside seats (I.e. up in the stands).
                  Last edited by yoz; 03-18-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

If the yanks think the 20k fans who followed hatton to Vegas was crazy, ain't seen **** yet, wembley will be rocking. This is why all American fighters wonna fight in england. American fight fans ain't got **** on English fight fan. Fact

Comment

Do they have big screen T.V's there? Because at that point, you might as well be watching the fight on it.

I'm all for the atmosphere....but I want to see the fight too

Comment

Working...
                      X