Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone really surprised with Cortez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was anyone really surprised with Cortez?

I mean seriously regardless of what you think of the fight, Floyd, or Ortiz, the guy has been a bad ref for years. In fact in recent years he had been downgraded to refereeing only the less important fights. How the hell was he given this fight???

Anyone remember him Disqualifying Humberto Soto?
    Juan Manuel Marquez wont fight a single fight with him as ref.
    Wayne McCullough doesn't like him either when he has reffed in his fights.
    And these are all stand up guys.

Naseem Hamed pulling Barrera down by the head onto the mat (and holding him there) then Cortez warning Barrera!

First thing I commented leading up the fight was that if I was Ortiz I would say I want a new Ref and not go into the ring unless there was one. I mean in 24/7 Ortiz' coach is watching the Mayweather vs Hatton fight where Cortez allows Floyd to elbow the **** out of Hatton throughout the fight and he still lets his fighter fight with him as reff???

Forced retirement for Cortez the guy is no good as a ref at least hasn't been for years.

With Floyd and Ortiz he did stuff out of order.... resume fight then call time in as he took his eyes off the fighters... huh? It would not surprise me to know he is semi-senile.

I thnk Cortez reads whats on the internet about him being to hard on hatton and helping Floyd beat hatton, and Cortez felt the pressure a bit in this fight.

Thats why he gave Ortiz a little breathing space and leeway as regards his fouls, and didnt want to make out he was overly protective of Floyd this time.

But Cortez is probably kicking himself of his mistake at the end and ruined it for him

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      I thnk Cortez reads whats on the internet about him being to hard on hatton and helping Floyd beat hatton, and Cortez felt the pressure a bit in this fight.

Thats why he gave Ortiz a little breathing space and leeway as regards his fouls, and didnt want to make out he was overly protective of Floyd this time.

But Cortez is probably kicking himself of his mistake at the end and ruined it for him
      I could see that.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
        I mean seriously regardless of what you think of the fight, Floyd, or Ortiz, the guy has been a bad ref for years. In fact in recent years he had been downgraded to refereeing only the less important fights. How the hell was he given this fight???

Anyone remember him Disqualifying Humberto Soto?
        Juan Manuel Marquez wont fight a single fight with him as ref.
        Wayne McCullough doesn't like him either when he has reffed in his fights.
        And these are all stand up guys.

Naseem Hamed pulling Barrera down by the head onto the mat (and holding him there) then Cortez warning Barrera!

First thing I commented leading up the fight was that if I was Ortiz I would say I want a new Ref and not go into the ring unless there was one. I mean in 24/7 Ortiz' coach is watching the Mayweather vs Hatton fight where Cortez allows Floyd to elbow the **** out of Hatton throughout the fight and he still lets his fighter fight with him as reff???

Forced retirement for Cortez the guy is no good as a ref at least hasn't been for years.

With Floyd and Ortiz he did stuff out of order.... resume fight then call time in as he took his eyes off the fighters... huh? It would not surprise me to know he is semi-senile.
        Actually I was... can somebody have so much bad luck or is it just incompetence? I mean the stuff seems always to happen in his fights... I don't know why

Comment

they need to fire that old bastard dude ruined maidana vs khan, There are a few more that I can think of just cant think of it right now.

Comment

The day it was announced he would ref, 95% of this forum said he would **** up in a big way

Comment

no . i had suspected it even before the fight started there would be a controversy . cortez is a ****bag who ruins it for everybody.

Comment

Working...
              X