No announcement yet.

Alex Ariza's modern techniques > Old school outdated techniques

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Ariza's modern techniques > Old school outdated techniques

Boxing is so behind the times imo,n most of these boxers are doing the wrong types of training, such as long distance steady state cardio which is a waste of time...

Ariza knows the best scientific methods to get his fighters into shape, he gets them top nutrition and effective supplements such as caffeine... out with the old and in with the new

his power shakes alone **** on sugar ray robinson's entire career and legacy.

FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
      his power shakes alone **** on sugar ray robinson's entire career and legacy.

FACT.
      What does he have to do with this thread?

Comment

PAC never used ariza for Marquez 4

Comment

Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
          What does he have to do with this thread?
          figure it out for yourself About Bumming i mean AB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
            figure it out for yourself About Bumming i mean AB.
            U seem pretty mad bruh.

Comment

Boxing is so behind the times imo,n most of these boxers are doing the wrong types of training, such as long distance steady state cardio which is a waste of time...

Ariza knows the best scientific methods to get his fighters into shape, he gets them top nutrition and effective supplements such as caffeine... out with the old and in with the new
              I'm not familiar with Ariza's melds. I do believe in modern, scientific ideas. However, the old-school techniques aren't as backwards as many seem to think. In fact, modern coaches often fall back on tried-and-true training methods. The truth is, not that much has changed as far as what works. Nutritional ideas have improved, yes, and the advent of PEDs have been a game-changer. But the actual training? Not terribly.

Comment

Meh, I don't think much about these strength and conditioning coaches honestly. They're overpaid for what they do and in some cases are only hurting a boxer's career. It's paramount to a boxer to be in tremendous shape of coarse, but why is that with all the advances in training and nutrition, modern guys are gassing out in the later rounds and only fighting 2-3 times a year? And the old school fighters, who mainly worked on their craft and did their roadwork along with skipping rope, were able to easily go 15 rounds and fight 1-2 times a month? I actually think this is a simple question to answer, guys today are doing too much cross-training and not enough actual boxing training. It's another reason why we're seeing an increase on very athletic fighters, but not many high skilled boxers. You want to be a good boxer, you focus on boxing 24-7, that alone will get you into fighting shape better than all that other stuff (which I don't totally dismiss, it can be supplementary as long as it's not occupying most of a fighter's time). I'll use an example; crossfit had Mares looking like a beast coming into the Gonzalez fight, yet he got absolutely wrecked in one round by the guy who most likely still lived by the "old school" training methods. If I was a trainer, I'd take the skinny kid who constantly shadowboxes and hits the bag everyday over the ripped crossfitter anyday to train.
                Last edited by _original_; 04-25-2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Whilst I do feel a good S&C program is beneficial lets not go on like Ariza anything or these 'modern techniques' have not been around since before Alex Ariza was even thought of.

What makes you think fighters back then never used weights or never did plyometrics/circuits and drills?

All his supplements he gives fighters, everything have been used by fighters for generations.

Comment

U seem pretty mad bruh.
                    quite the opposite actually.

make sure you loosen your bra strap bro.

Comment

Working...
                    X